BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 161 - 170 of 575 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Shelter for the sierras in August
I used a Seedhouse SL1 for a month long Sierra hike in June/July and it was great. I never used the fly but it gave me enough room to escape bugs. At 8000ft in August I don't recall mosquitos b...

In GEAR » Shelter for the sierras in August
May 21, 7:33pm

Integral Designs Unishelter bivy, what material?
I have an olive green ID unishelter bivy. There are no tags anywhere on the bivy that say what material it's made from. I know they had an eVent version and another made from something else. Is...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Unishelter bivy, what material?
May 12, 8:41pm

Re: Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
There were times where I was filling my platy half an ounce at a time from a small seep. Luckily I brought a tiny cup from some sort of food packaging to scoop up water. Aquamira worked great. One ...

In GEAR » Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
March 28, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
Good find, that is exactly what I was looking for. My current one is greatest snow melting pot I have ever used! I knew I should have bought every last one on the shelf back in 2007.

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 25, 9:52pm

Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
It looks like Walmart and Kmart stopped carrying these a while ago. Is there a something similar out there? I always liked that it was so thin so it was about as light as a ti pot but it seems to c...

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 25, 9:16pm

25% off and free shipping at Eddie Bauer
Code is SHARE25 Need to spend $49 or more. Not as good as some of their huge clearance deals, but the best I have seen in a while.

In Gear Deals » 25% off and free shipping at Eddie Bauer
November 12, 12:47pm

Re: Smelly trash compactor bags?
My last box of heavy duty trash compactor bags ran out in 2008. I didn't find my current ones until 2011! Almost all of the ones were too thin, the wrong size, or smelly. I certainly wasn't...

In GEAR » Smelly trash compactor bags?
November 03, 10:05pm

Re: Adding thumb loops
Any suggestions on how to finish them? Cutting the loop should be easy enough. Should I just fold the fabric back on itself and run a line of stitching along it? That doesn't seem like the best...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding thumb loops
November 02, 7:10am

Adding thumb loops
Has anyone tried adding thumb loops to an existing commercial garment? There are a few base layers and light fleece tops that I would like a lot better if they didn't ride up. I'd love t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding thumb loops
November 01, 9:24pm

Hoodie recommendations
I'm looking for something pretty specific and I'm not sure if it exists. - light weight in terms of warmth (R1 is way too warm) - slit fit - thumb loops - hood that fits under the helme...

In GEAR » Hoodie recommendations
November 01, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm