November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 161 - 170 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lite insulation layer for JMT
Aaron, MOST EXCELLENT! Ingenius gear! I bet that little 4 legged heater wishes it was going along with you on the trail. Those pants look great, Same with the half bag, I am interested in that p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lite insulation layer
January 18, 3:56pm

Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?
I have a $50 credit at Marmot I need to use for gloves, had a pair that are no longer made that were defective, and I have credit towards a new pair. I narrowed it down to: 'Evolution', ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?
January 18, 3:20pm

Re: Long Trail -Vermont
Doug, Great chuckle there, no, those pictures were'nt what I had in mind to post up for you. I'll get to those in a day or so. Duration is what you set it at, minimum 3weeks for me, thou...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail -Vermont
January 16, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Marmot Ion from Campmor vs. BackountryOutlet?
PJ,et al, In the interest of this forum (and doing my thing as a new memeber here to contribute)I took it upon myself to get in the car this past weekend and drive the hour North up the GSPkwy to C...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 16, 10:34am

Re: Long Trail -Vermont
Douglas, I thru-hiked the VT Long Trail(05) what would you like to know?

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail -Vermont
January 15, 2:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Would you walk past?
Craig, That was a specific situation on one of the most extreme mountains in the World. I would hope that in lesser situations all necessary aid would be rendered by those who came across a similia...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you walk past?
January 15, 1:59pm

Water sourcing
Talk about having a hard time accessing water! Just try and get close to the waterfall!! The undergrowth is often so dense that you go a long way around just to get near it. When you are hiking in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 15, 1:45pm

Some Photos from my Kauai

January 15, 1:40pm

BD, I was trying to enlighten folks to the 'other' dimension of going to Da' Kine islands Braa. I had the opportunity to speand a few weeks palin' around with the Dog himself, as re...

January 15, 1:26pm

Back support for garbage bag pack
BD, the other day I was in a Chef supply store and I noticed that they carried 'flexible cutting boards' in different thicknesses and dimensions. It would seem the stiffer ones could be cut...

In Make Your Own Gear » SnowClaw back support & Garbage Bag Pack
January 15, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.