BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 161 - 170 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lite insulation layer for JMT
Aaron, MOST EXCELLENT! Ingenius gear! I bet that little 4 legged heater wishes it was going along with you on the trail. Those pants look great, Same with the half bag, I am interested in that p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lite insulation layer
January 18, 3:56pm

Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?
I have a $50 credit at Marmot I need to use for gloves, had a pair that are no longer made that were defective, and I have credit towards a new pair. I narrowed it down to: 'Evolution', ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?
January 18, 3:20pm

Re: Long Trail -Vermont
Doug, Great chuckle there, no, those pictures were'nt what I had in mind to post up for you. I'll get to those in a day or so. Duration is what you set it at, minimum 3weeks for me, thou...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail -Vermont
January 16, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Marmot Ion from Campmor vs. BackountryOutlet?
PJ,et al, In the interest of this forum (and doing my thing as a new memeber here to contribute)I took it upon myself to get in the car this past weekend and drive the hour North up the GSPkwy to C...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 16, 10:34am

Re: Long Trail -Vermont
Douglas, I thru-hiked the VT Long Trail(05) what would you like to know?

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail -Vermont
January 15, 2:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Would you walk past?
Craig, That was a specific situation on one of the most extreme mountains in the World. I would hope that in lesser situations all necessary aid would be rendered by those who came across a similia...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you walk past?
January 15, 1:59pm

Water sourcing
Talk about having a hard time accessing water! Just try and get close to the waterfall!! The undergrowth is often so dense that you go a long way around just to get near it. When you are hiking in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 15, 1:45pm

Some Photos from my Kauai

January 15, 1:40pm

Kauai
BD, I was trying to enlighten folks to the 'other' dimension of going to Da' Kine islands Braa. I had the opportunity to speand a few weeks palin' around with the Dog himself, as re...

January 15, 1:26pm

Back support for garbage bag pack
BD, the other day I was in a Chef supply store and I noticed that they carried 'flexible cutting boards' in different thicknesses and dimensions. It would seem the stiffer ones could be cut...

In Make Your Own Gear » SnowClaw back support & Garbage Bag Pack
January 15, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.