Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken K (TheFatBoy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale St. Louis
About Me Ken K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken K

Showing 161 - 170 of 424 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: US Army Large External Back Pack - New Condition $110 / Offer
That price is ridiculous. I mean... crazy high. It's ten years old. And heavy. And even when it was new it was old technology. Would you take $9? I might be willing to go to $12 if you&#...

In Gear Swap » US Army Large External Back Pack - New Condition
September 24, 12:06am

A life without bacon... Why bother?
If we weren't meant to eat all the animals, they wouldn't taste so good. You know what doesn't taste good? Vomit. And Brussels sprouts. Probably poo. So we don't eat them. O...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 23, 11:24pm

Go synthetic & disposable.
I love my Cosmic Down bag, but I wouldn't recommend it for new scouts. For the first three years of scouting, they find ways to end up in wet tents/bags even when it doesn't rain. It'...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Sleeping Bag Recommendations
September 22, 11:28pm

How long to boil 1.5L in standard test?
Awesome article! Any chance you can time the Jetboil Sol burner + Sumo Cup boiling 1.5L in the standard warm/calm or warm/windy test? It looks like there was only 184 seconds from melted snow to ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
September 20, 10:49pm

Re: ultralight revolver
>> There is a very simple reason for the "vitriolic" comments on gun threads posted here. That is because it has nothing to do with backpacking. He's asking about gear that ...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 20, 7:51pm

How far?
What do you suppose the throw is on the H600 at max output?

In GEAR » New Zebralights
September 19, 11:17pm

Hi-viz line?
Cool idea. Any chance you'll be offering it in one of the high-viz lines? Would the glowire be too abrasive on gear when torquing? Ironwire too slippery? I can see these being dual use... ...

In Gear Deals » Lash Lock's
September 14, 6:14pm

Re: Re: Philmont bearbagging
Never thought of using stand-off sticks. Something to keep in mind. Thanks!

In Philmont » Philmont bearbagging
August 28, 2:52pm

Rib-smasher
Another thought... In addition to the increased tendency to stumble, if you DO fall forward, you put that hard shell right into your gut/ribs. A front pack with semi-soft, conforming load is prob...

In GEAR » Bear Canister in a Front Pack
August 28, 12:00am

Missing three stoves.
Well, I got a stove in the mail Friday... Unfortunately, I ordered four, so three are in the wind somewhere. Did anyone who ordered multiple stoves actually get multiple stoves? If so, did th...

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 27, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken K

Ken K has posted no reviews.