Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Chastain (Thangfish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. Central NC, USA
About Me Chris Chastain has not added a biography yet.
CityCameron
StateNC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Chastain

Showing 161 - 170 of 251 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Scho-Ka-Cola??
> This year I'll pack some Scho-Ka-Cola if I can find a reasonable price for that stuff around here. Never heard of that before. "High Caffeine Dark Chocolate" in a shoe polish...

In GEAR » Light Food
March 12, 6:44pm

Light sheet option?
What about a Jagbag silk liner? They have 2 grades of silk, a lighter fine silk and a heavier, stronger Endura silk. They make all size bag liners, or sheets or custom make what you want in ab...

In GEAR » Light sheet option?
March 12, 6:11pm

Light Food
I also add olive oil to my enertia meals at supper. I add extra virgin coconut oil to my breakfast if I'm eating hot, like oatmeal or grits or whatever.

In GEAR » Light Food
March 10, 7:08pm

Elegant esbit cook system
Just want to state (in case there is still anyone unfamiliar with it) that the Ultralight Outfitters Beercan stove, available here, addresses one of the three main disadvantages of Esbit stoves lis...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part II
March 10, 3:26pm

Re: Nalgene bottles, worth their weight
Never tried a gatorade type with hot water but Platypus is fine with boiling water.

In GEAR » Nalgene bottles, worth their weight
March 08, 7:44pm

poncho tarp
Looks good. I own a poncho tarp also, that I use exclusively for rain gear. I haven't used it as a shelter, because I haven't really been able to figure out exactly how I would deal with...

In Philosophy & Technique » Help me understand how to set up a tarp
March 08, 6:48pm

Re: "WTB - Dr. Brommers Peppermint Soap"
> And I'll be sure not to use such words that I did in my above posts as to make it sound like I was yelling ever again. In addition, *reading* the thread before posting wouldn't hurt...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Dr. Brommers Peppermint Soap
March 06, 3:41pm

Re: shoulder straps
> I love the wide shoulder straps on GG backpacks. I think that they're more comfortable than the typical sizes. Absolutely!

In GEAR » New GG Gorilla Pack
March 05, 7:44pm

Re: Permethrin + DEET
Permethrin - JOURNAL OF PESTICIDE REFORM/ SUMMER 1998 - VOL.18, NO. 214l About a third of the way down under SYNERGY. They list their source as: Abou-Donia, M.B. et al. 1996. Neurotoxicity...

In GEAR » Mosquito Protection
March 05, 7:35pm

Brawnylite tarp
This may not apply much, but fwiw: This is my Brawnylite tarp (shaped tarp w/ a bit of a beak) in the yard, set up like I usually do... as high and airy as I can get it. Here is the same t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Help me understand how to set up a tarp
March 05, 7:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Chastain

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Dirty Girl Gaiters
Dirty Girl Gaiters are cheap, light, breathable, simple and dang cool looking. What else could you ask for in the way of general usage ultralight backpacking gaiters? Only one thing... I wish they wo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 27, 10:07pm