BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 161 - 170 of 738 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sony NEX & Backpacking
I'm also a bit late here, but as a Nex fan I figured I might as well chime in with some input. I got myself a Nex-5 last summer, and it's what I used for all of the shots in this gallery...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
December 28, 12:43pm

Re: Taste of melted snow water
"I wonder why that is? Melted snow water has an odd taste. Stream water is much better." One factor is air. Melted snow water isn't aerated, but stream water is. Craig Connally ...

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 26, 1:26pm

Re: Synthetic Quilt
I use an MLD Spirit quilt outside of winter camping also. I might some day get another that's cut a bit wider, but that's about the only thing I'd change, and even that hasn't been ...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilt recommendations
December 26, 12:46am

Re: Re:
I have a first model Windrider, and after using it as my daypack on Kilimanjaro, it's become my goto commuter pack. I've been biking with it all over the Seattle area for close to 8 months ...

In GEAR » HMG Porter Pack
December 13, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Alter Ego backpacking gear update
"I kind of disagree that your website has to look super professional" It doesn't have to be flashy and high tech like the one for the company I'm freelancing at right now (they...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 8:57pm

Re: Thanks
"Changes are noted and will be applied pictures are coming!! And Bob I can't fire my editor and web designer. That would mean firing me and there would be no buisness. I dropped out of hig...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 12:06am

Re: Mchale
> I am such a gear nerd that I would LOVE to try all of them, but I think I am going to > save my pennies and go with a Mchale. If you save enough pennies, you can go whole-hog and get a M...

In GEAR » Looking for a good expedition pack
December 11, 8:14am

Re: Lawson gear
> I read in the forums somewhere that Lawson stopped selling tarps. I've been wondering about that, since his site doesn't have them listed any more. So far, all of the feedback I'...

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
December 11, 8:00am

Re: McHale
"If you want UL, Dan will craft a pack bag of cuben, but I think for 4 pounds you can get a great pack, well suited to your needs. When you go to the mchalepacks website, look for the Sarc pac...

In GEAR » Looking for a good expedition pack
November 27, 11:31pm

Re: +1 for Katabatic
I have a Katabatic Blackwelder, and found it to be both comfortable and warm. I haven't yet used Katabatic's attachment system, but even just the webbing straps worked great for me on Kilim...

In GEAR » katabatic vs. nunatak
November 26, 10:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.