BPL Community Profile

Tommy Clapp (TCXJWAGONEER) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale GSM Area
About Me Tommy Clapp has not added a biography yet.
CityJefferson City
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tommy Clapp

Showing 161 - 170 of 175 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Also the whistle
And while I am rummaging through my little stuff trimming weight... what about a little plastic trail whistle? is it really a needed pack item... honestly around her(southeast) I wouldn't mind...

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 25, 5:45pm

UL Trail knife
What do all of you carry in the way of a knife? I was looking at this one. http://domsoutdoor.com/product.asp?pn=1-014481 I think it runs about 3.5oz. the reason I like this one is the Siz...

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 25, 2:40pm

thanks
Yeah I did that last night and I was able to get everything on/in. but I started to look like a salvation army store. I think I am going to upgrade to the Golite Jam2 Large...3300 and that should ...

In GEAR » Year round in a 2500ci?
March 23, 12:06pm

Thanks
I will def. test it. and now with temps hitting 80 this week it will be a year until I need it. so that gives me time to work out bugs. Tommy

In GEAR » Hennessy Hammock in winter
March 22, 11:05pm

Thanks
I am very happy with the pack so far. but I was worried about a 5 day trip in Jan, but I also am in the southeast, so temps don't really get super low... my main goal is weight reduction and th...

March 22, 10:57pm

Thanks
In TN we get much more sleet and rain then snow... even at high(6000ft) elevations. the JRB sounds like the way to go. what would happen if I was to buy the JRB weather bottom and stored my gear/...

March 22, 10:27pm

Year round in a 2500ci?
I am curious if my Eureka is going to make it year round for me... it is a Getaway 2500. I usually go for 3-5 days with the occasional 7-8 day trip. Right now I have my base load down for winter a...

March 22, 10:20pm

ALso
I will also be sleeping in a down jacket in a HH if that matters... I am using my Northface windy pass as an onsite pattern. Tommy

In GEAR » Homemade down bag
March 22, 9:50pm

What about this?
So how would a JRB Nest underquilt and a HH overcover do? I would be in a down +10 sleeping bag and I sleep in Capolene long underwear, fresh wool socks. and ususally a Polypro longsleeve with a 7...

March 22, 9:37pm

Dimensions
The dimensions will be 30" x 80" mummy. It will be a sleeping bag so I will be laying on some down. I am using a write up off of the homemade gear site I googled.

In GEAR » Homemade down bag
March 22, 12:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Tommy Clapp

Tommy Clapp has posted no reviews.