BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 161 - 170 of 384 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: W/B ?
"I don't understand what half of the posts are about due to the extensive use of abbreviations with unknown meanings... at least to me." W/B is referring to waterproof breathable. ...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
May 17, 7:28pm

Re: W/B jackets and fragility
"It seems W/B jackets have a bit of a reputation for fragility (and expensiveness)." A good quality Event or Gortex jacket will last a long time. They are not fragile in my experience...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
May 17, 5:27pm

Re: Re: ge silicone ii
I got some "odorless" mineral spirits once that worked fine. Another time I got some odorless mineral spirits and it was watery and I didn't even try it - maybe just use regular miner...

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 17, 5:12pm

Re: Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
Softshells have have a water repellent coating (DWR). The hydrostatic head (a measure of how waterproof a fabric is) of softshells is basically zero. A softshell will not keep you dry in a hard...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 15, 11:24pm

Re: Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
I haven't worked with Cuben but from what I have read in other posts is that the stiching should be reinforced with tap. Otherwise the unreinforced stich will eventually fail. I do not recall ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
May 15, 1:42pm

today they only make Small , Mediums, and Large.
"When wearing a hip belted framed pack I can fit my fingers under my straps. This is normal. The straps are there to keep the pack against your back. Not to carry any real load." Would...

In GEAR » No backpack fits me-problem with shoulder straps
May 15, 1:31am

Re: Easiest shelter to set up... with one arm?
"BTW, I used my right hand because I thought that if you only have one hand that will be the one you favor." I am left handed and in my experience it is the left arm or hand that gets ...

In GEAR » Easiest shelter to set up... with one arm?
May 14, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Bearikades
"Btw, I noticed the Scout isn't on the approved container list. Is that an oversight?" Probably, The scout is the newest one in the bearikade lineup. I recently aquired one and wh...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 6:28pm

Re: .Critter cans
If you goal is just to keep critters out of your food go to the hardware store and my a piece of PVC pipe. buy the largets diameter you can find. Then buy two endcaps. Using PVC glue glue one e...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 11, 6:15pm

Re: Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
PacLite is the name for one of the first 2.5 layer goreTex fabrics. ACR is a newer version of Gortex with improved breathability over Packlite. Both are waterproof. The real question is which on...

In GEAR » Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
May 11, 5:48pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.