Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 161 - 170 of 388 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Fabric questions
Schoeller Nanoshere (http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/uploads/media/nanosphere_e.pdf) is just a fabric with a DWR treatment. Water doesn't stick to the fabric and roles off. It is not waterp...

In GEAR » Fabric questions
May 20, 11:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: ge silicone ii
"white gas produces explosive fumes so you have to be very careful, like use it outside. And white gas might dissolve the fabric you're applying it to? It is very nasty stuff." The...

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 18, 12:06am

Re: Update - returned the Flash 65
I purchased a flash 62 earlier (using my dividend, a gift card, and the 20% sale earlier this year) and had to return it because a sizing error occured when I was measured. I ended up withd a L whe...

In GEAR » Women's Pack Advice - REI Flash 65 vs. Go Lite Quest 65?
May 17, 9:00pm

Re: Real newbie Sawyer question
the nice things about the in line setup is that you only need one bladder. An extra bladder or other water container is not necessary. also once you set up camp you can use it as a gravity filter...

In GEAR » Real newbie Sawyer question
May 17, 8:24pm

Re: W/B ?
"I don't understand what half of the posts are about due to the extensive use of abbreviations with unknown meanings... at least to me." W/B is referring to waterproof breathable. ...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
May 17, 7:28pm

Re: W/B jackets and fragility
"It seems W/B jackets have a bit of a reputation for fragility (and expensiveness)." A good quality Event or Gortex jacket will last a long time. They are not fragile in my experience...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
May 17, 5:27pm

Re: Re: ge silicone ii
I got some "odorless" mineral spirits once that worked fine. Another time I got some odorless mineral spirits and it was watery and I didn't even try it - maybe just use regular miner...

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 17, 5:12pm

Re: Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
Softshells have have a water repellent coating (DWR). The hydrostatic head (a measure of how waterproof a fabric is) of softshells is basically zero. A softshell will not keep you dry in a hard...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 15, 11:24pm

Re: Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
I haven't worked with Cuben but from what I have read in other posts is that the stiching should be reinforced with tap. Otherwise the unreinforced stich will eventually fail. I do not recall ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
May 15, 1:42pm

today they only make Small , Mediums, and Large.
"When wearing a hip belted framed pack I can fit my fingers under my straps. This is normal. The straps are there to keep the pack against your back. Not to carry any real load." Would...

In GEAR » No backpack fits me-problem with shoulder straps
May 15, 1:31am

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.