BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 161 - 170 of 516 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...52

Forum » Thread

Warning screen..
Maybe it's just my (old) computer, but when I try to go to the site I get a warning screen. Anyone else get this? Anyway, I saw some pics on FB of people standing at the booth with them...so...

In GEAR » New Cooking Fuel
February 10, 4:50pm

I got one I am about to post...
Hi. I have a SMD Lunar Duo that I would be willing to let go of. It has been used about 10 times. In great condition. No tears, stains, rips, smells (other than packed silnylon smell), etc... It...

In Gear Swap » WTB six moon designs lunar duo
February 10, 4:17pm

I don't have anything by them as of now, but I would really like too...and I have read to many good things about them! So, I'm 23! :)

In GEAR » Problems with Nunatak
February 06, 8:41pm

Re: filtering water in cold temps
I have come to just use chemicals in below freezing temps and my sawyer squeeze the rest of the time. I don't want to chance a frozen filter, and as far as I know, there is no real way to test ...

In GEAR » filtering water in cold temps
January 25, 9:26pm

Re: About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
I love my solo plus, and have no concerns with the 0.51 cuben, I think that it is just fine for a shelter. However, if you think you would want the 0.7, I would say go for it, the weight difference...

In GEAR » About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
January 24, 5:43pm

Re: Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
I have used the DriDucks, an AGG sil rain jacket and currently using the Luke's UltraLite rain jacket. I also have the GoLite Tumalo (but the prior version, made from Pertex Shield). In my o...

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
January 22, 8:30pm

in the pot
I store mine right in the pot with no ziploc, just leave then in the blister pack.

In GEAR » Esbit tabs in opsak in...?
January 16, 6:47am

Re: Re: Synthetic overquilt
This was actually part of my reasoning in buying 2 different synthetic top quilts earlier this year. I will admit though, a majority of my reasoning was more towards moving the point of condensatio...

In GEAR » Synthetic overquilt
January 07, 7:34pm

Both!
I am in the same boat as you, I am very careful with all of my gear (whether it be more fragile or not), so my real concerns would be an accident, whether that is as you say, a slip on the trail (w...

In GEAR » Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
January 01, 6:57pm

Re: Gossamer Gear Spinnshelter & YAMA Inner Net Tent (20 & 7/8 oz)
Dang! I wish I had seen this.... missed it by that much! Oh well, free bump!

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear Spinnshelter & YAMA Inner Net Tent (20 & 7/8 oz)
January 01, 6:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.