BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 161 - 170 of 552 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...56

Forum » Thread

Another in the zip-off camp...
Count me in the zip-off camp. About 4 years ago now, I went shopping for my hiking pants. I tried on pants by REI, Ex Officio, Mountain Hardware, TNF, and Columbia. Of all of these, the Columbia pa...

In GEAR » Lower Body Clothing System
April 11, 7:31pm

Re: Re: NeoAir as a pack frame
Clayton, No, I don't blow up my Neo when using it in my pack. I will actually push about 95% of the air out, then fold it in half, then thirds, and it is a good fit inside either my Blast 30...

In GEAR » Is a thermarest "Neo-Air" actually worth the price difference?
April 09, 9:47pm

NeoAir as a pack frame
I have been using my NeoAir as a "pack frame" for the last year and a half and it works just fine... However, I will admit, it is not so much the pad that is actually providing any real s...

April 09, 8:01pm

Yes
For me, yes. I love my NeoAirs... although, I wish that they still made the older Original version...

April 09, 5:44pm

Payment sent
Payment sent. Looking forward to getting them to use with my new Yama tent since my LT4's will not collapse enough for the foot end...

In Gear Swap » FS: Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Brand New
March 24, 8:52am

I'll take them...
Sending PM... PM sent...

In Gear Swap » FS: Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Brand New
March 24, 7:41am

Re: Free Gear!
Sorry to hear that you have closed up shop George, but hopefully it is for the best... and maybe now you can just focus on getting out and hiking! :) Anyway, I have one of your Gram Weenie Pro ...

In GEAR » Free Gear!
March 16, 6:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Exped air pillow Ultra Light vs. Exped air pillow
No problem Dan... and I was going to wait until I got my REI dividends and the sale to get mine, but I went ahead and got it anyway... now I get to use my dividends on something else... hhhmmmm.....

In GEAR » Exped air pillow Ultra Light vs. Exped air pillow
March 16, 6:03pm

Re: Exped air pillow Ultra Light vs. Exped air pillow
I actually just got the large "UL" version in today. I had been using the medium original version. The difference in the two pillows is that the "UL" model uses a lighter weight...

In GEAR » Exped air pillow Ultra Light vs. Exped air pillow
March 16, 3:54pm

It's here! :)
Today while I was packing my pack for a weekend hike, I got my new Cirriform SW tent in. Of course I had to take a minute to open it and set it up to check it out... and while doing so, I figured I...

In GEAR » New Yama Mountain Gear cuben shelter
March 06, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.