Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 161 - 170 of 621 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: RE: Clear cut pad on bottom
"The conclusion: from a thermodynamic performance perspective, using a ccf on TOP of an inflatable, even an insulated inflatable, provides significantly better performance" ^^^^^^ I...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 18, 9:11pm

Traction?
Just curious... for those that use the Altra's, specifically the LP1.5's, what do you think of the traction as far as wet rocks & roots?

In GEAR » Altra Superior vs Inov8 Trailroc 235
November 18, 9:05pm

Re: ULA CDT in cuben
Nice set-up!

In GEAR » ULA CDT in cuben
November 17, 5:07pm

Re: Circuit
Dan, glad to hear that you enjoyed my videos! Thanks for watching. As for the pack, I am not completely sure what is different between then and now. I know that they now offer the S straps. Mine...

In Gear Swap » FS: Yama Mtn Gear Cirriform SW Tent & ULA Circuit
November 15, 9:59pm

CCF on top IME
In my personal experience, I found that I was warmer with my 1/8" Thinlight pad layered on top of my NeoAir. And this was a noticeable difference. I cowboy camped. The ambient temps were a...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 15, 9:48pm

Lowered price on ULA Ciruit
Still looking to sell this pack. I have lowered the price to $160 as a Paypal Gift.

November 11, 7:19pm

Re: Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
John I have a ULA Circuit I would like to sell. Medium torso. PM me if you are interested.

In Gear Deals » Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
November 10, 8:12am

Pack still available!
Great to hear that you got the tent Matthew! Hope you enjoy it. As for the pack, it is still available.

October 24, 10:10pm

Re: Bivy:Side or Chest zip?
Another vote for side zip for reasons already mentioned... makes getting in and out easier. Also, I really like the side zip on my Borah, however, if I get another one, I may request it to be about...

In GEAR » Bivy:Side or Chest zip?
October 22, 3:07pm

Trail Designs
Here is a 0.9L nonstick ti pot made by Vargo. However, note that this particular pot does not have handles on it... http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/vargo-titanium-non-stick-pot-900ml Als...

In GEAR » Best place to buy evernew pots
October 21, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.