Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 161 - 170 of 653 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...66

Forum » Thread

Cracked alloy tent pole - what to do?
I accidentally cracked the end of an alloy tent pole section (too much haste in the dark). I am wondering what to do until I can find a replacement - my first thought is to cut off the end with a f...

In GEAR » Cracked alloy tent pole - what to do?
June 10, 1:10pm

Re: Hose for Remote canister stove
Tubing used for unpressurized ethanol is NOT suitable for pressurised canister gas. For this you ideally need PTFE or PFE tube with a stainless braided outer. The closest commercially available hos...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hose for Remote canister stove
June 05, 2:20pm

Re: Need to learn the technique ...
The river was low, so I came half way across on the stones and then climbed onto the bridge. It would have been 'entertaining' had the river been in spate tho'...

In Post-Trip Reports » TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
June 03, 3:09pm

Nuttin wrong with that bridge
Pushing the limit on the Allt a' Chonais bridge :-)

In Post-Trip Reports » TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
June 03, 2:55pm

Re: Pyrenean Traverse -- Logistics
Fred - thanks for the tip about the late snow this year. I hike for a few days in the Pyrenees each July and 3 years ago was also a late snow year. It's definitely worth bringing an ice axe for...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pyrenean Traverse -- Logistics
June 02, 3:39pm

Re: TGO Challenge 2013
I'm glad that our 'variable' weather did not spoil your enjoyment of your hike. On the plus side, the cold spring has delayed the first hatch of midgies (noseeum) and that is a very def...

May 30, 6:14am

Omnilite
I asked Primus if the Omnilite could run on alcohol and they replied: yes it could, in an emergency. However they do not recommend it as alcohol has a drying effect as opposed to the lubricating ef...

In GEAR » a multi fuel alcohol stove?
May 07, 2:36pm

Italian option
You might consider the Alta Via 1 or 2 in the Dolomites region of Italy. It's entirely on marked trails with accommodation in mountain 'huts' being the norm, so no shelter or food to ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need Advice on 18-21-day (ish) walk across part of Italy or France
May 06, 9:37am

Re: Scotland, northern England
The midges are worst in the West of Scotland, because that is the wettest part. There are much fewer midges in the East, so you might consider the Cairngorms area for example. See also http://www....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Scotland, northern England
May 05, 5:01am

Re: Multifuel jet size
Aparently the Optimus 111 mentioned by James had the option of a 0.51mm jet for using with alcohol. I have an 8R but only a gasoline jet.

In GEAR » a multi fuel alcohol stove?
May 01, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm