Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 161 - 170 of 639 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...64

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Hacking the jet filter
Hot day? Here??? YMBJ Strange. I think I'll leave it alone for now. cheers

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
April 28, 5:00am

Re: Hacking the jet filter
Roger - did you try running this or any other FM stove with the filter removed from the jet and NO TP? On my FMS-116T (Gnat) the sintered filter was loose so I took it out and tried it without. ...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
April 28, 3:25am

Flame chemistry
The details of flame chemistry are extremely complex and my lmited knowledge barely scratches the surface: Step 1: Formation of radicals and breakdown of fuel from radical attack. The radicals s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
April 21, 3:22am

Re: cheap butane canisters
I've never really had a need to refill canisters. If I want cheap gas in the summer, I use the 227g bayonet butane canister with the Kovea KA-N9504 adapter and my remote canister stove. For th...

In GEAR » Refilling Gas Canisters
April 18, 2:54pm

Interesting!
Not the thermal efficiency hype, but the friction of the rough bottom surface. Unfortunately they do not appear to be available outside Japan.

In GEAR » Reinventing the Ti pot
April 15, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Power output with inverted canister
Jim - I would expect to see the same initial flame size with inverted and non-inverted canster when the valve is fully open. Initial flame size only because the evaporative cooling in the non-inver...

In GEAR » Remote Canister stove Recommendations
April 11, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Power output with inverted canister
Hi Roger Yes, I know that there can be short pulses in pressure as the fuel boils and I have seen how the bubbles in a clear PFA fuel hose can sometimes oscillate or move in steps. I have elimin...

April 11, 6:13am

Re: Power output with inverted canister
Hi Jim "However, in an inverted canister stove, the fuel is still liquid when it leaves the canister. The phase change happens at the burner (i.e. in the pre-heat loop). The fuel expands some...

April 11, 2:16am

Re: efficiency
David: I easily get 50-60% efficiency using a simple pot, 5.5" to 6" diameter. The potential improvements than can be offered by a HX are somewhat limited.

In GEAR » Fire Maple Jetboil Clone
March 29, 11:42am

Re: heat exchanger inside the pot?
You have just described a fire-tube boiler, as used on steam locomotives. Great for boiling water, but heavy, and obviously no good for food.

In GEAR » Fire Maple Jetboil Clone
March 28, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm