Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Pamela Wyant (RiverRunner) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pamela Wyant hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pamela Wyant has not added a biography yet.
StateWest Virginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pamela Wyant

Showing 161 - 170 of 321 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...33

Forum » Thread

No ruffled feathers here
Brad, It's through discussions like these that we learn, so you've done a great service I think. Some will never be comfortable sleeping with a quilt. Others will find them the best ...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 05, 6:01pm

Comparing Highlite to Ghost
The Highlite is not exactly a good comparison to the Ghost. Based on the way each company rates their product there is only a 3 degree difference, but there is basically a 1/2 inch loft difference...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 05, 1:07pm

More to leave out
Wondering if you really need the balaclava for the JMT in August, but I'm not familiar with temps in that area, so maybe you do. If so, I'd think you'd also need at least a light pair ...

In Gear Lists » Trying to lighten- proposed 16 pound gear list
July 01, 12:39am

Good point Allison
Good point on the requirements to shift the down. It will work, but it does take a good bit of effort (and space) to shift the down. Ashley might be happiest with clothing layers (including ins...

In GEAR » continuous baffles on sleeping bags: a practical way to adjust temperature?
June 26, 6:33pm

Repackaging contact solution
I wear gas permeable contacts in the field and repackage my contact solutions. I haven't used the BPL mini dropper bottles, but instead use eye drop bottles that my mother received with glauco...

In GEAR » BPL mini dropper bottles
June 25, 4:35pm

On using two jackets
If you decide to go the route of using the Montbell Down Inner Parka and the UL Down Inner Jacket, one thing to keep in mind is that you will likely need to size the outer one up in order not to co...

In GEAR » Down jacket in sleeping system
June 24, 7:09pm

Acquired art
I think turning under the quilt takes a little practice, but once you get used to it, it is not that difficult. At the most now, I might have to pull one side over a bit and tuck it under me. It&...

In GEAR » no insulation required under the legs?
June 19, 11:15pm

Re: Recomendations for 1/4 zip baselayer
I'm a fan of wool for multi-day trips due to the relative lack of odor. The Woolies Zip-T is light weight and comfortable. I tested it for BackpackGearTest.org and had no durability issues ov...

In GEAR » Reccomendations for 1/4 zip baselayer
June 19, 10:45pm

Re: jacket/pack
Nice post James. Interesting to see how your style evolved, and I think it echoes the progression of a lot of us. Like Richard, I tested the Montbell U.L. Down Inner Parka last year, and I abso...

In GEAR » Recommend Down Jacket/ Pack
June 15, 1:35pm

Durability factor
One thing to consider I think is what you intend to use the pants for. If they are merely for rain, the DriDucks will work (but be careful as the rear seam is very fragile). Don't expect to w...

In GEAR » UL Wind/rain pants - which would you choose?
June 15, 12:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Pamela Wyant

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite light. For it's weight it's amazingly bright. I used it to night hike a half mile or so last weekend. Th...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 05, 1:35am