BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 161 - 170 of 536 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...54

Forum » Thread

Laurel Highlands Trail plan
Some years ago, I did the LHT from Johnstown to Ohiopyle in 4 days - took us till 4 PM to drive from NE Ohio to Ohiopyle and get shuttled by an outfitter to the Johnstown trailhead, and we got off ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Laurel Highlands Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
May 23, 10:07am

FireFly stove is SPF
(sold pending funds). But there's more where that came from ;)

In Gear Swap » FS: FireFly UL titanium wood burning stove
May 21, 8:35pm

Sale fell through, still available
I thought this was sold, but it's actually still available. Like new, just has the patina of heated titanium to make it even more beautiful. Now we're cooking!

In Gear Swap » FS: FireFly UL titanium wood burning stove
May 21, 8:44am

Special discount offer on trowel combo available for just one more week
Don't miss out on the opportunity to get both the lightest cathole trowel AND the lightest 15" buck saw on the planet at about a 10% discount. QiWiz.net has all the information. Offer good...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
May 21, 8:13am

Re: Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
Back to the original question, I took the original lid, removed the knob, cut off the overhanging lip (both these mods reduce weight), turned it upside down, cut and bent three tabs to hold it on p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
May 21, 7:20am

Use a groundshield of some kind to reduce risks of causing unintended fire
Totally agree with "I know when I prime my alcohol stove, I use a little primer tray that rests on the ground, but reading this thread, I am inclined to start using a small aluminum reflector ...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 21, 7:00am

Free FireFly large pot support upgrade
See thread above regarding the new large pot supports. I'm happy to say that a pair has been made and sent out to everyone who has purchased a FireFly. If I somehow missed you and you do not ge...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
May 18, 10:22am

As long as I remember that the business of Backpacker mag is selling ads,
I get less PO. I still find some of the trail descriptions helpful and use them to make a list of trails I might want to try some day. Last year I did a Wind River Crest trek with some friends that...

In Chaff » Backpacker Magazine
May 17, 9:58am

Good questions
My own experience is I often end up with more moisture in and on my quilt with a bivvy than without a bivvy. I'm in the eastern woodlands with high moisture common. In the drier west, things mi...

In GEAR » Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
May 15, 12:50pm

Don't like bivvies, and have not needed them
"I've been moving away from Bivy use - I simply don't like the constricted nature. My quilts are also a bit wider than the norm so I have no issue with drafts. For bugs, I would muc...

In GEAR » Quilt under a tarp without a Bivy?
May 14, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.