BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 161 - 170 of 473 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...48

Forum » Thread

That was easy.
Dug out the small Sawyer (16oz) bladder, cut the top off, went to the bathroom and filled it up with water and it pours fairly well and holds much more water than what I used to use before, which w...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze filter container alternatives
March 29, 1:48pm

Re: bing
Jerry - Thanks for the measurements, that ought to help people. Max - Cool that the new Platy and new filter work, looks like you lucked out. Harald - I bought the Platy that fits in a small ...

March 29, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Small, very gram geek updates
Thanks Ryan! I am happy that you have enjoyed my evolution. I certainly have enjoyed tinkering around with my kits! Yeah, durability and comfort are constant factors that change for lots of reas...

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
March 29, 12:34pm

Small, very gram geek updates
I had some rare time to myself today, so I played around with a lot of my gear. Best I could do due to not being able to work out a test run overnight trip yet--hopefully next weekend. But just...

March 29, 10:43am

Re: older platys fit
Cool, thanks JR. Good thing I had an older Play laying around. I got it a few years ago, and have used it a handful of times on overnight trips, but prefer ridged plastic bottles to drink/pour fr...

March 29, 8:33am

Sawyer squeeze filter container alternatives
So I was playing around with gear today, when I decided to fill up one of my Sawyer bladders (the 32oz one that came with it along with two others) to use as water storage for a short hike around m...

March 29, 7:01am

Usually Yay
Section hikes and winter, spring, and fall short UL trips I keep a pair of either merino wool or synth base layers (depending how cold it is) in a water resistant stuff sack (silnylon) which is car...

In Philosophy & Technique » Separate sleeping clothes - yeah or nay
March 27, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Small update
"How do you find the sizing of the Borah cuben bivy with the fully inflated Neo Air?" As I said before, it seems to have plenty of space, but I have not had the time to test it in the ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
March 27, 12:08am

@Michael and Garth
Michael - That looks like a nice bivy, too bad you don't like bivies, but they are not for everyone. I don't mind the whole cocoon feeling of a bivy, and actually enjoy it--makes me feel s...

March 23, 12:08am

Re: re list baselayer and bivy
You raise a valid point about the base layers vs. a jacket, I admit it is a bit of a luxury. They are mostly pajamas and morning/night clothing worn around camp. My normal routine before bed is t...

March 22, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.