BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 161 - 170 of 453 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...46

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hooray for helping to get it :)
Craig, if one location has too many people for your liking, why not go to another location? Also, we would have to operate under the assumption that if they took the permits away that there wo...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 14, 5:50pm

Hooray for helping to get it :)
"I like this thread I say what I don't get and why and you guys give me a different perspective. Good stuff." This made me a bit happy, glad you get the get it thread ;) Hard to...

March 14, 5:25pm

Re: re:
"Seriously though, isn't it enough to have found the gear that works perfectly for you? There is no universal truth, and rarely is there common ground. We like what we like, period. Person...

March 10, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Re: The "I don't get it" thread
"Alcohol stoves... slow, finicky, potentially messy... on paper the advantages can be nice but in practice i found mine annoying in the wind and slow even in good conditions. " For one...

March 10, 3:10pm

It's alive!
Stephen - Thanks for your input on mitts. Seems like you really love them if you have so many pairs. Still not sure about them. I guess some people just really want dry and very warm hands all t...

March 10, 2:59pm

Re: mitts, windshirts, and...pee?
Glad I am not the only one that doesn't get mitts. I was half expecting to be mocked and trolled for not seeing the point. Windshirts on the other hand, I get. I don't always bring one...

March 10, 1:03am

The "I don't get it" thread
A place for you to pick a nuanced issue in light weight backpacking that you just "don't get" and have people that "get it" offer some perspective. No trick/cynical/rhetori...

March 09, 4:13pm

Re: genetic fallacy
"And trekking poles are for skiing, not hiking or setting up shelters people. And you stove whackos out there, beer cans are for drinking beer not cooking dinner. Innovation has no place...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 09, 6:43am

Small update
I have mentioned this in a few other threads, but thought I would post it here where it is most relevant. I recently got a Borah Cuben bivy and have been toying around with it. I was happy to f...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
March 08, 4:48am

Good question
A much needed discussion, thanks to the author of the OP for starting it. I am a very critical consumer, and this is no different with backpacking gear. I try and do a fair amount of research bef...

In Philosophy & Technique » What are your guidelines for buying gear?
March 05, 3:28am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.