BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 161 - 170 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Jacks R Better web site is down
Been down for a couple days....Hopefully it will be back up soon.... Alternate is the actual url http://216.83.168.206/.... that will get you about 90 % of the pages...alt email not linked to the s...

In GEAR » Jacks R Better web site is down
June 26, 2:45pm

Best sleep
Take a serious look at hammock camping.... These rigs can be extremely light, very warm, compact and offer the best night sleep.... as a bonus they serve as chairs and loungers in camp... all aroun...

In GEAR » Ultra Light High Comfort Mattress Pads
June 20, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jacksrbetter.com sale
David, No matter how you solve your bottom insulation issue I urge you to hang and test your planned system at home before you potentially spend a miserable night or two somewhere where you may ...

In Gear Deals » jacksrbetter.com sale
May 12, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jacksrbetter.com sale
ALCON, All the 2007 changes cited in our 2007 News letter to existing quilts were implemented before the end of 2006... James, most of the UL community picking up the No Sniveller save weight...

In Gear Deals » jacksrbetter.com sale
May 11, 8:00pm

Re: Trail Days 07 (Damascus)
Jacks R Better LLC will be at Trail Days 2007 for fourth consecutive year.... Stop in and say hello.... Couple new quilt designs... a unique Patend Pending Hammock and couple of prototype hammock t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » trail days 07
April 23, 6:08pm

Re: Flexible Filtering - In-line and Gravity
Ben, et al, I have been using this technique for three years now. Try switching the bite valve for a camelback on/off switch...surprisingly they weigh the same.... just suck like a straw and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » lightweight techniques for H20 filtration
April 07, 6:02am

Re: Foil Packed Cheeses
Kraft Philidelpia cream cheese comes in individual foil packs....50 to a bag at Sams Club.... used it on two hike late last fall... worked great. Pan

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What cheese for a 6 day trip?
March 26, 5:37am

Hammock on the ground
Doug, The technique is easy... especially in the backyard. The application, in the wild has potential pit falls....The largest, is the risk of ground punctures to the hammock body.... which c...

In Multiple Use Gear » ground sleeping in a hammock
March 22, 5:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Jim you will not need the down jacket for the 32* range you are seeking... Base layer, incl socks and balaclava and a No Sniveller is easy 32 for most folk, especially on the ground.... If you want...

In GEAR » Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
March 14, 9:02pm

Re: Insulation System Options
Why not option three Same montbell Jacket and pants and a No Sniveller quilt...Initially, it is 3 oz heavier but $110 less expensive.... Pay off is that once it warms enough to send the Montb...

In GEAR » Insulation System Options
March 04, 3:15pm

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm