Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Wozniak (PaulW) - BPL Guest

My Locale Midwest
About Me Paul Wozniak has not added a biography yet.
StateMichigan
My PDF Gear List3 season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wozniak

Showing 161 - 170 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Knife for emergency dry wood shavings
Doris, Sam mentions a couple of nice knives. I own and use both the Mora and the Swiss Army Classic under different circumstances. Noting that you only want this to make wood shavings in "...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Knives and Other Sharp Things
August 15, 12:49pm

Killarney, LaCloche trail advice - bump
I know you are out there. Also, I would like to add a question for the missus. Any luck with cell phone reception from any of the bluffs? It would ease her mind. I'm not thrilled about to...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Killarney, LaCloche trail advice
August 10, 10:46am

Montbell UL SS bag question - quality
I appreciate the heads-up regarding possible baffle fill issues. I have crawled in the bag for size but did not carefully look it over for fill. I will do so before purchasing. My local gear sh...

In GEAR » Montbell UL SS bag question
August 10, 10:38am

Montbell UL SS bag question
Ben, Joe, Scott and Patrick, There is another poster asking for newbie info for a trip and he applauded the wealth of info at this site. I would agree and add that the utility of the info is so...

August 07, 7:19am

Ben, I understand your position, however, I have determined to look at this differently. The typical night time ranges will be 45F to 60F. +/- 10F (35F - 70F) will cover virtually all conditi...

August 06, 11:00am

I have determined to buy the Montbell super stretch UL. I intend this to be my 3 season bag and do not anticipate going below 28F. I sleep under a tarp with only a bug bivy. Question - get the...

August 06, 9:33am

Killarney, LaCloche trail advice
I am hiking the LaCloche Silhouette trail beginning Sept 14, planning a 6 day 5 night circuit. I have a couple of questions and your responses are appeciated: -we are considering a single night...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Killarney, LaCloche trail advice
August 01, 11:48am

Clearview
The full length rectangular version has worked for me so far for 7 nights. Coldest evening temp was officially 47F, and damp. Absolutely zero problems so far with leaking; I use it inside a bug b...

In GEAR » Any feedback on the BA Clearview?
July 16, 12:15pm

MLD serenity vs bug bivy
Just came back from a trip where I had the bivy and a buddy had the serenity. Aside from all the things mentioned, the serenity required a higher tarp pitch to draw it tight where my bivy drew up ...

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 09, 1:07pm

Inov-8 Terroc 330
I own the Terroc 330, weigh 215#, carry ~ 10-12# base wt, have about 150 trail-only miles on them and am very pleased. Still lots of wear left, no failures. I wear very thin synthetic socks and w...

In GEAR » Converted to Ultralight Gear, Need Shoes to Match
July 02, 10:14am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wozniak

Paul Wozniak has posted no reviews.