BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 161 - 170 of 876 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...88

Forum » Thread

really?
"The widest history of computing shows that Open Format always beats proprietary - always." PDF is by Adobe. DOC is by Microsoft. GIF was originally by Compuserve All are now co...

In Gear Deals » Hijacked by Pencils
April 10, 7:17am

Backpacking solo
I've noticed for day trips, I seem to enjoy being with my friends. Most of my current friendships were developed through a shared love of the outdoors so it makes sense that we continue to have...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
April 10, 6:53am

Fondue
>>Please don't let *this* be the thing that finally converts me to a cat-can stove. You have a cute girlfriend from "across the pond" who wants to go backpacking? If this is...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need BPL's help with fondue
April 09, 6:38pm

fleece
"yes the powerdry grid fleece is a bit more breathable, and pills less ... but the difference isnt that huge for walking around" I am sure people much more intelligent than myself can ...

In GEAR » is a fleece just a fleece?
April 08, 6:53am

the secret!
Perhaps this is the best way to be a full time adventurer? :) http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-just-a-free-spirit-who-is-entirely-financially,33905/ I need a trust fund. Anyone want to ado...

In Philosophy & Technique » How I Make a Living as an Adventurer
April 07, 2:28pm

fleece
I ski/hike/use a generic 200wt and 100wt fleece as conditions warrant. I am out a fair amount. I'd still buy ski/hike/use the inexpensive fleece vs the more $$$ equivalent if spending my ...

In GEAR » is a fleece just a fleece?
April 06, 4:08pm

cheese and rice!
(Better than my usual religious based expletive) Not mentioning a brand does not imply hate. There are so many cottage gear makers now. Unless you collect gear as your hobby [1] or get lots ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Grocery Sack Grows Up: A Genealogy of the Modern Ultralight Backpack
April 03, 6:21am

Video?
I have a face made for podcasting. ;) Though fans of the TTS can finally see all those hand movements POD is making allusions to!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attn: Boulder, CO area people!
April 02, 6:12pm

Southern Sun
The Southern Sun is next door. One of my absolute favorite places for post-hikes, planning hikes or talking about hikes. The java porter on nitro is sublime. I'm just happy to help out....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attn: Boulder, CO area people!
April 02, 12:51pm

canisters
If you do a bivy at or near the trailhead before starting a trip, use it up to make breakfast and coffee. Similar use if car camping for a weekend, too. As for recycling, I use a church key sty...

In Philosophy & Technique » What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
April 02, 12:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.