BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 161 - 170 of 392 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

Year round in California
We enjoy backpacking with our kids every month of the year here in California. For the last two years we managed to backpack with them almost every other weekend and take them on the JMT in the sum...

In Chaff » How many folk backpack all year round.
October 01, 8:23pm

Bearikade Scout
Daniel, We started at Road's End on August 31. For our food storage we used a Bearikade Scout (27 oz). Manfred

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
October 01, 7:36am

Personal experience in the High Sierra - yes you can get Giardiasis
Last year I got Giardiasis - tested for and confirmed by my doctor. As the symptoms started a week after my return from a High Sierra trip during which I drank exclusively untreated water, my docto...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
September 30, 9:12pm

Wife's aesthetics ...
My wife had similar criteria when we purchased our two person tent. We had the added benefit of being able to see most tents life at the GGG IV at Henry Coe this February. Seeing tents, their pitc...

In GEAR » Luxurious ultralight tents for two; price per oz
September 28, 10:28am

$ per oz of saved weight
Matthew, I'm not so sure the price per oz as shown in the table is meaningful for what you are trying to achieve. Let's assume two tents cost the same, but one weighs less. In your table...

In GEAR » Luxurious ultralight tents for two; price per oz
September 27, 7:27pm

+3 on ZPacks Exo
I took the ZPacks Exo with a Bearikade Expedition on the JMT with my wife and two of our daughters. One of my replies to the questions I received after my trip report contains also a detailed "...

In GEAR » Ultralight Packs Capable of Carrying A Berikade Expdition?
September 25, 2:27pm

Elevation Profile for our SHR Trek with Annotations
I received several questions about our daily milage and especially our daily ascent and descent. Since there is so much interest in that I took our elevation profile and annotated it with locations...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 20, 3:40pm

Fishing in Sierra
Yuri, I'm not sure which additional details you are requesting. I provided already all information - like which rod and which flies. My clear preference for the streams in the Sierra is Tenk...

In GEAR » Anybody have/use the Clarkii Rod?
September 20, 9:23am

Flies
Jason, The trout along in the High Sierra were relatively easy to catch. Since I carried three Tenkara's (two for my daughters and one for myself) I had always three lines with a fly tied re...

September 19, 9:08pm

Clarkii Rod
Brian, I used again two Clarkii this summer on the JMT with my 9 & 10 year old daughters I also brought a Hane, so that all three of us could fish at the same time. All three rods performe...

September 19, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.