Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 161 - 170 of 716 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...72

Forum » Thread

April Overnighter in the Tahoe Area
I'm heading up to the Lake Tahoe area for a week. Will mostly be doing the family thing and perhaps a few days on the groomers but might have the opportunity to sneak away for a quick overnigh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » April Overnighter in the Tahoe Area
April 02, 5:22pm

3 Passes Route, Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
Wow! What a classic read! I've poked around Arthur's Pass for a couple of days about 10 years ago. Really enjoyed the area and always wanted to get back to give the place some more tim...

In Post-Trip Reports » 3 Passes (extended version) Route, Arthurs Pass, New Zealand
April 02, 11:51am

Glacier Divide Loop
Great trip report Andy! Looks like a real adventure, especially going for it solo. Glad it was your pole breaking and not a leg... How were temps and snow conditions? I was hoping to get up...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
April 02, 10:34am

Short Weekend Trips from the Bay Area with a Dog
Like Justin said... generally most of the National Forests allow dogs. So while it's a little bit more of a drive, that means you've got options like Los Padres NF to the south (from Big...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Weekend Trips from the Bay Area with A Dog
March 25, 3:27pm

Ibex Hoody vs Cap 4 Hoody
My strictly non-scientific findings are that the Cap 4 is warmer. I own both pieces and have hiked in both. I've typically used either piece as a thin midlayer rather than a base layer (my ...

In GEAR » Ibex Hooded Indie or Capilene 4 Expedition Weight 1/4 Zip Hooded Top
March 25, 10:11am

Modified Kovea Spider
Looks like a clever set up. Would live to hear how it works out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Kovea Spider
March 25, 9:54am

UL Bike Gear
If you haven't already, check out www.bikepacking.net It's sorta' like the BPL for bikepacking trips...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
March 21, 12:42pm

WTB or WTT Katabatic Wide Quilts
This is probably a long shot, but here goes... I've got two Katabatic quilts from 2010, a 6' Palisade and a 6' Sawatch. Both are in excellent condition and are among my favorite pie...

In Gear Swap » WTB or WTT Katabatic Wide Quilts
March 20, 11:50am

Who bushwhacks? Why?
A lot of my hiking in my local backcountry involves some amount of bushwhacking... sometimes the entire trip. I live in an area dominated by chaparral. We've got lots of tough, scratchy, th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who bushwhacks? Why?
March 20, 10:38am

Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
Awesome. Looks like a ton of fun and some amazing scenery. This TR doesn't help my internal struggle to hold off on getting a packraft...

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 20, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.