BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 161 - 170 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Trapezoid Tarp - design, beaks, and size
Tyler, It was the first small A frame pitched tarp. Hover over it with you mouse and you'll see the note referring to Jamie. IMHO beaks aren't worth it. What I prefer is to extend the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Plans - Checking on materials
January 26, 12:14pm

Re: 2X Fosters cans = windscreen
1.) You could try bending or rolling the last 3/8" of each piece over. One turning inside and one turning outside on both pieces. To join the pieces slide the outside turn of one piece into...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fosters can X2 windscreen
January 26, 5:06am

Re: PERSACTLY!
Pictures are not only welcomed they are required! ;-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Does "modding" count as MYOG?
January 25, 4:10pm

Re: Thanks
Konrad, Try looking at this table. http://cool.conservation-us.org/coolaic/sg/bpg/annual/v11/bp11-33.html#table1 I tried to copy and paste the entire table but it became a word jumble! ;-)...

In GEAR » How do I get the B.O. Stink out of my pack?
January 25, 3:58pm

Re: Update
Konrad, "Caveat: the Simple Solution Pet Odor remover is scented (pretty sweet smelling). Ingredients are Purified water, denatured ethanol, non-pathogenic bacteria, natural enzymes, mild d...

In GEAR » How do I get the B.O. Stink out of my pack?
January 25, 4:23am

Re: A "dirty" white sleeping bag?
"If you slept in the muddy Northwest you'de have a dirty bag : )" I'd have a dirty tent bottom. ;-) I sleep inside of a tent, on an inflatable pad and use a red outer and bl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Designs Cloud 15 Review
January 24, 8:40am

A "dirty" white sleeping bag?
"That thing is going to look so dirty after a while." There have been a few references made made to how this bag will get or look dirty in a short period of time and usage. Question...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Designs Cloud 15 Review
January 24, 4:36am

Re: Patagonia Piton Hybrid?
Rick, Patagucci does it again. "Other than the silly $$ cost, any opinions from hikers?" After viewing an informational video on the Piton I understand the "patched" lo...

In GEAR » Patagonia Piton Hybrid?
January 23, 4:34am

Re: Donut shaped center draft alcohol stove
Colin, Nicely done! Impressive pictures and workmanship. :-) When do we get to see the windscreen? Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Donut shaped center draft alcohol stove
January 23, 3:26am

Re: Uncertainties.
And we thought that The Quest for Fire was complicated. Whew! Does anyone remember the KISS principle? Keep It Sublimly Simple. Fuel goes into stove. Stove is lit. Water goes in pot. P...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 22, 10:34am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm