BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 161 - 170 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Women and men on the trail
Hi Miguel, "Every other animal does it... why should human males be any different?" "I've always maintained that society has it all wrong... it's men that are designed ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 17, 4:58am

Re: Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
Possibility Thermarest XS ProLite. 20" × 36" x 1" 8 ounces Party On, Newton

In GEAR » Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
January 16, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Esbit tabs in opsak in...?
Hi Dan, Those bags of remind me of the Mountain House dehydrated meal bags. I already portion out my 2 serving meals into 1 quart freezer bags so rather than throw away the original bags I co...

In GEAR » Esbit tabs in opsak in...?
January 16, 12:04pm

Re: Tarp Configuration
R S, IMHO Brawny's set-up is a better configuration. There is less exposure to rain getting into your "living space". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir-5R9PCIok She uses a 10...

In GEAR » Tarp Configuration
January 14, 4:21am

Re: handful of small sticks
Here is a link to a pair of videos on the Trail Designs website. http://www.traildesigns.com/stoves/caldera-sidewinder The second video concerns the wood burning mode. There are no boil t...

In Multiple Use Gear » THE multiple use stove (IMHO)
January 13, 6:37am

Re: stupid question
While trying to avoid the profanity filter I'll say this... We have a saying here in SE LA. "When you're up to your _____ in alligators you're gonna run, walk, swim or fly."...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
January 12, 6:18am

Re: Re: Brand New Non-Ultralight Adventure
@Doug, Thanks Doug, I thought you might approve. ;-) @HK, The start is at 2200 (10:pm). We'll be out there to greet the joggers. LOL @Ben, "Sounds foolish" "By ...

In Other Activities » Brand New Non-Ultralight Adventure
January 11, 7:22pm

Brand New Non-Ultralight Adventure
I went to work right out of high school, married my high school sweetheart, attended trade school & community college at night, been laid off and re-invented myself so that we could raise and s...

In Other Activities » Brand New Non-Ultralight Adventure
January 11, 11:06am

Re: use a torso layer
Brian, ..."stuff the pillow in between the mattress and the torso layer." Elegantly simple and dual use! ;-) Party On, Newton

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 11, 10:22am

Re: "What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?"
This is more a philosophical statement than a choice of favorite piece of gear. My favorite piece of gear is a pack on my back! It usually means I'm out hiking or walking somewhere and my...

In GEAR » What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?
January 11, 8:02am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm