BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListSEKI Late September '13

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 161 - 170 of 1673 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...168

Forum » Thread

Re: huh?
Brett, You may be refering to this but RR and similar shirts are mainly for sun protection and are not intended for hiking below tree line. I would never wear one in the hot and humid SE where ...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 02, 12:13pm

Teton Crest Trail
I am thinking about the Teton Crest Trail and wanted to get your thoughts. I did a week on the JMT in '11 and a week in a Wind River in '12. I am looking for more phenomenal scenery but a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Teton Crest Trail
January 02, 7:17am

Re: Re: Re: Big 3
If you are handy with the thread and needle you may want to check out some of the kits the sell at thru hiker (I think its thruhiker.com). They sell a down quilt kit for $150 that will get you bel...

In Gear Lists » Going from Traditional to Lightweight
January 01, 2:03pm

Re: Tent Advice
What about a Golite Shangri-la 5? It is a 9.5' by 9.5' pyramid that is 73" high at the peak. The fly is 29oz and can be used alone when there are not bugs. The inner is heavy at 40o...

In GEAR » Tent Advice
January 01, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
Railriders Eco Mesh, Adventure, or Bone Flats shirt. They are all nylon and unlike the ex officieo, their venting works with a pack on. Nylon doesn't stink as bad or as fast as poly, but it s...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 01, 12:41pm

Re: Backpack Dilemma
I use a bigger pack for much of the year than many UL hikers because I use a full leagth Ridgrest for spring/fall and most of winter. I use a 2010 Six Moon Designs Swift (frameless) start with a p...

In GEAR » Backpack Dilemma
January 01, 12:21pm

Re: Which of these 3 down jackets?
For what you want, Golite Bitteroot hands down. It is a really nice except for the finiky two way zipper but a great value. The Mont Bell UL jacket is great too (as is the Alpine Light) but the...

In GEAR » Which of these 3 down jackets?
January 01, 12:00pm

Re: pm
To Jennifer who PM'd me about the pullover. I will be trying it out on a trip this weekend, it what looks like some nasty 35* rain. I am debating between this and my trusty OR Zealot. I had ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Haglofs Ozo rain pullover - L
December 28, 11:30am

Re: Headlamp recommendations
They don't have the red feature but the Black Diamond Gizmo at 2oz and the Mammot S light at 1.7oz are nice lights, I have both. The Petzel e lite at .95oz has a red light and I liked it until...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
December 27, 7:39am

Re: Re:
The Snozzle might be able to double as a pack liner. Its about the right size. BTW: I got a Medium Downmat UL7 for Christmas and will be trying it out this weekend. It is 19.75oz for the mat a...

In GEAR » Downmat UL vs Synmat UL
December 26, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.