BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 161 - 170 of 804 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...81

Forum » Thread

Good article
These are the kinds of articles that I would like to see more of on here. Good stuff.

In Editor's Roundtable » On-Trail Route Finding: When the Trail is Hard to Follow
May 01, 11:52pm

Altra
Okay so I think i have an interesting shoe for you. The Altra Lone Peak. Very wide toe box, substantial upper but very breathable. Zero drop, so its flat, as in the sole at the toe end is the s...

In GEAR » Does Such a Shoe Exist
May 01, 10:38pm

Pain is fleeting
hey Wisner, you were talking more more more as soon as you were back up with a beer in your belly!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
May 01, 10:23pm

warmth is subjective
That would be plenty of insulation for me in 20deg. with that clothes list i would take a 35deg bag. however, i know several people who would consider this more of a 35deg clothing list, so it'...

In GEAR » Will I be warm in this at 20 F
May 01, 10:17pm

Shorter loop
Nick doesn't know any short hikes :-)

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Jacinto State Park
May 01, 6:11pm

Cottonwood
Lone Pine is closer than either of your previous trips and there is a trail there that will take you 6 miles to Cottonwood Lakes. Primo high-alpine meadows, lakes, trout, soaring granite. also conn...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Weekend trip suggestions out of Los Angeles?
May 01, 5:09pm

Luxury items
I just finished reading Muir. Just about everything in my pack is a luxury now.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
April 30, 10:28pm

Ionian
Jack, Giving the maps a good once over. One obvious route from Darwin to Ionian would be through McGhee Lakes, over the ridge to Davis Lake, down to Martha Lake, back up into Ionian that way. Se...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » July 3-8th: 80-90 mile, partial cross country Sierran trip. EPIC!
April 29, 7:00pm

Early Days in the Range of Light
Casey! You're a genius! I just got your book today, totally what I was hungry for! Mountaineering, the Sierras, the old mountain men, all in a single book. Dude, I'm all ready to tear into ...

In Chaff » Stuck in bed for a week, help me find a book!
April 28, 8:20pm

Clothes
Assuming you're talking warm arid conditions... Anything non-cotton that you might wear to the gym will be good for hiking, no need to buy anything. If you must, Ross or Marshall's have ton...

In GEAR » Clothing System for a 4-5 day South San Juan summer trip.
April 28, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.