Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard DeLong (Legkohod) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Eastern Europe / Caucasus
About Me Citizen of the world. UL backpacker and mountain lover among other things. Did the PCT in 2009 ("Buckwheat"), blogged about it at BudgetPCT.blogspot.com. Hiked for 3.5 months through the mountains of Europe in 2011. More to come.
CityKiev / Tbilisi
CountryUkraine / Georgia / USA
My Website URLhttp://Legkohod.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard DeLong

Showing 161 - 170 of 367 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

WTB: 2-person Ray-Way quilt, size long
Looking for a used Ray-Way quilt to try sharing with my wife before we invest lots of money in a down quilt for two. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2-person Ray-Way quilt, size long
September 09, 10:30pm

WTB: SMD Lunar Duo
If anyone has a used Lunar Duo to sell, please let me know.

In Gear Swap » WTB: SMD Lunar Duo
September 09, 10:23pm

I know this guy...
I met a guy on the PCT who has been making simple UL gear for decades but has no website. He had a clever cape design (silnylon) that was stunningly simple to use in either poncho or tarp mode. I&#...

In GEAR » What's the perfect poncho tarp?
September 03, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Backpacking in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm writing from the PCT and so rarely have Internet access. About the Zpacks Blasts: We like these packs a lot. 30+ lbs in the larger one is certai...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Backpacking in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca
June 24, 4:00pm

Experience with the Blasts
I have used the Blast 18 and 32 extensively (50 days total use) and with varying loads and have a few comments: "Drawcord closure string is extremely thin and may cut fabric of extension co...

In Editor's Roundtable » ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
May 25, 7:57pm

Pictures provided
Osprey Talon 44 some wear on grey fabric covering frame on left and right corners of frame On the inside of pack, there is some wear on the fabric of the hydration sleeve, inc. one small hole...

In Gear Swap » Osprey Talon 44, Camelbak, SnowClaw, Katahdin Hiker Pro
April 14, 9:06pm

Osprey Talon 44, Camelbak, SnowClaw, Katahdin Hiker Pro, Gore-tex socks
All prices include shipping to CONUS. Will ship overseas for approx $5 more. OSPREY TALON 44 SIZE M/L -- $80 Used 20 days. Blue. Overall good condition with some wearing in places. Can provide...

In Gear Swap » Osprey Talon 44, Camelbak, SnowClaw, Katahdin Hiker Pro
April 13, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Inov-8 50% off F-lite 300
I recently heard about a 80% off blowout sale on Western Mountaineering bags, but I forget the name of the store.

In Gear Deals » Inov-8 50% off F-lite 300
March 25, 9:26am

Re: Re: three questions
>> "For the weight, it's probably as good as you'll get for synthetic get because of the fabric & minimal construction. Obviously can't compete with a down jacket like th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Cocoon UL 60 Hoody, size S
March 23, 7:44am

Re: Gear Closet Clean Out Backpacking and Fly Fishing Gear
Just wondering about the sizing of the pants. I am 6'3'' but have a thin waist. I wonder if these would be long enough for me. What is your height and experience with the size? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » Gear Closet Clean Out Backpacking and Fly Fishing Gear
March 18, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard DeLong

Showing 1 - 10 of 24 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Klymit Inertia X Frame
This is a preliminary review that will be updated later this spring/summer when I get more experience with the sleeping pad outdoors. I will post what I know so far in order to help answer people'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 29, 10:32am

Katabatic Gear Palisade Quilt
This is a preliminary review based on testing the Palisade on my balcony. I'll be using it all summer in the mountains of Europe and will update the review later this summer. The quilt is beaut...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 29, 10:30am

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I have seen no other pad that is as comfortable for the weight. True, for most people the Nightlight is not thick enough, but then use two! I doubt you will find a softer, more comfortable pad for the...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
February 01, 10:16am

Bozeman Mountain Works Torsolite Pad
I liked this pad while it lasted. After maybe 10 or 20 nights it developed a leak that I could not detect even under water. I think I have had it with inflatable pads...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 27, 5:06am

BMW pro 90 balaclava
Like the previous reviewer, I did a modification of the Pro-90 hood. I cut the front piece all the way down and sewed on omnitape velcro (doesn't catch on clothes). I also modified the elastic cor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 07, 10:29am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I have been wearing these for two years. They are very warm and comfortable for their weight and do not stink up. Before them I'd tried several different kinds of gloves, such as polipropilene and...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 22, 8:23am

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
DISCLAIMER: this is a pack that came out in 2007-2008 and was seen as a sturdy and robust pack for the SUL spirit of the times. This model has sinced been replaced by more robust packs that probably c...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 28, 7:09am

Oware
I recently tried to make an order on bivysack.com and sent a couple of messages to Oware regarding my order. I have not received any replies regarding my issue and am not sure that the order followed ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 04, 7:00am

MLD Trailstar
My Trailstar weighs 468 grams, not 650 g as the previous poster stated. That's with the included linelocks and seam-sealing, but without the included rope for tie-outs. You could cut off the 10 li...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 07, 8:10am

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
I have used the bivy sack extensively, especially while thru-hiking the PCT. It works. The long length is great for 6'3'', and the width is great. I have the full netting option and used i...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
October 03, 4:20am