BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 161 - 170 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
One of my favorites and earliest. Myself on the left at age 14. My son on the right at age 14. Didn't know we were taking a picture in the same spot 35 years apart until we got home.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 15, 10:54pm

Re: Diffrent seams to make tarp
Timo, Yes, 3 lines of stitches in the French seam as in drawing #1 in you last post. The first line of stitches help secure and hide the raw edges, the second and third lines of stiches share the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Diffrent seams to make tarp
January 07, 3:32pm

Re: rainpants worth carrying?
Last August my family was caught in freezing rain and strong winds on the PCT. At the pace we could maintain, we became dangerously cold before we could decend, set up camp and heat dinner. Thos...

In GEAR » rainpants worth carrying?
January 02, 9:48am

Sewing YKK coil zippers
Daniel, The 'side where the coils show and protrude' is generally considered the face or right side. I don't think this is for any functional reason. Because you see almost all zip...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing YKK coil zippers
December 03, 9:19pm

Re: Default post title when replying
I've also been using the 'Post Reply' button and getting the same empty title(Subject) field. This is the button: That takes you here with a blank subject field: BPL, i...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Default post title when replying
November 12, 8:12pm

Re: Grommet Question
Bender: #0 grommets are advertised as having a .25" diameter hole. The pole tips I purchased from Quest Outfitters were larger than that. The plastic tip for .344" poles measured .26...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarptent for 2 is done!
November 10, 10:26am

Silly sewing question
John, I don't think the thread size has to be the same top and bottom, but I can't think of a reason you would use different sizes except for appearance. Top thread in picture is hea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silly sewing question
November 04, 5:14pm

Going Crazy
Bender, Nicely done drawing! I have no personal experience with 'mids, but my initial impression is that your 90" length is a bit short. Assuming a 50" height (52" pole at an ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trying to decide what tent to make & going crazy over it
November 04, 10:51am

Coil Zipper and Zipper Stops
Steve, Here’s my two cents worth based on modest experience. Zipper stops are not necessary. How you finish the end of the zipper depends on weather the end needs to separate or not. A coup...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me buy a zipper
November 01, 10:19pm

Re: "Still, the math is interesting"
Mike, Thanks for the thought provoking questions. Here's my two cents worth: Does your spreadsheet calculate the Cat curve in the plane of the fabric? Or, does it calculate the curve in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG Technical Note - Catenary Curves
October 18, 9:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.