Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kier Selinsky (Kieran) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Seattle, WA
About Me Kier Selinsky has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kier Selinsky

Showing 161 - 170 of 513 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there a reason to use counter balance vs PCT?
" That bear was going to have to come through us in order to climb the tree. It was all good fun." Awesome story! :-)

In Philosophy & Technique » Is there a reason to use counter balance vs PCT?
March 06, 11:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there a reason to use counter balance vs PCT?
"But, if the two food bags weigh roughly the same, it doesn't happen." I think theoretically if the bear were to only shake the limb up and down then that's probably right. In re...

March 06, 8:26pm

Knotless PCT
It's especially easy when combined with the Knotless PCT method outlined here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog_knotless_pct_bear_bag_hang?m=00485XmTmGtNf-oeK_bTrO...

March 06, 6:11pm

Re: Re: Barska 10X40 monocular
Yeah you can forget about freeholding it. You gotta press into a tree or other firm structure to hold steady.

In GEAR » Ultralight binoculars or monoculars
March 04, 9:00pm

Every kid is different but...
...you might want to test out your kid's needs on some backyard camping. My 9yo son has been using a ridgerest for a couple years now and I've seen him take it down to 20 degrees snug as a ...

In GEAR » Air mattress question
March 04, 7:00pm

Bivvy DWR top
Yeah just get a bivvy with a DWR top and you'll be good. The DWR will be breathable enough for you, but will shed the dew fine.

In GEAR » East Coast cowboy camping advice needed
March 04, 6:51pm

Barska 10X40 monocular
I got my 9yo son a Barska 10X40 monocular, on the recommendation of another BPL'er by the name of Stargazer (haven't seen him around lately). Can be had on Amazon for $40. Not sure what it ...

In GEAR » Ultralight binoculars or monoculars
March 04, 6:43pm

Couple options
I like the Deuter Climber, but at 10, he's probably too big to start there. My son is 9, and he's ready to give up the Climber and move up. What about the REI Flash 50 Women's pack? ...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
March 01, 3:15pm

Re: so...
No no... there's easier solutions :) http://www.amazon.com/Compucessory-Monitor-Privacy-Screen-Filter/dp/B001H5QKOW

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
March 01, 1:52pm

Rate of failure? And other questions...
I'm man enough to admit it: being buried under snow terrifies me. But, the idea of hiking to the mountains and building one of these is downright tantalizing. So, what's the rate of failure...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Igloos
March 01, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Kier Selinsky

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Driducks rainsuit
I picked up one of these suits excited to have some lightweight gear that was actually cheap. I got it home, and tried it on to be sure it fit. Then I repacked it and put it in my pack and went out to...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 01, 6:47am