BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 161 - 170 of 500 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...50

Forum » Thread

Thinning Silicone
NOTE: Discussions with the technical folks at Duco (the glue and sealant people) produced the following information: 1. Thinning silicone resin with mineral spirits or anything else weakens the...

In GEAR » CA - Thinning Silicone with Klean Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits Problem
February 13, 7:09am

McHale LBP 37
PMed concerning McHale LBP 37

In Gear Swap » FS: Backpacks. McHale, BPL Absaroka, HMG, Osprey, Camelbak, Salomon, Vaude
February 11, 6:38am

Mitts for warm hands
In either of the products below using a thin pair of wool liner gloves (Ibex or Smartwool) will provide you all the warmth and dexterity you need. Just purchased a pair of Summit Mitts for my wife...

In GEAR » Gear Test Results last night in -5ºF
February 10, 11:05am

Opticus
Excellent company and service you might want to check out...... With roots based in prescription glacier glass technology, Opticus specializes in the fabrication of prescription ski glasses, pre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Source for UL Precription Sunglasses or Lenses
February 09, 2:22pm

Air Beam Support Questions
The "Big Question" I have is how this "Air Beam" compares when one looks at the variable of pack & hip belt collapse AND increased comfort when carrying capacities over 20 l...

In GEAR » Air beam/Klymit frame support for backpacks
February 08, 6:06am

Could this be an issue with communication?
James....Could it be, just maybe, your communications with Tom Halpin created communication blocks that brought about your expressed observations and concerns in this thread? By reading the com...

In GEAR » Problems with Nunatak
February 06, 5:59am

Sleeping Padst for Young People
I have been backpacking now for over 6 years with four of my granddaughters on extended trips of over 9 - 11 days. The younger ladies (presently 10 & 11 yr of age) use Original Z Lite™, AND t...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad for Kid?
January 30, 6:15am

SAWYER 2013 BAGS AND THREADS
I emailed John T. Smith of Sawyer concerning the threading and bag material in question that individuals had about the new 2013 squeeze bags (blue model). The question was, "Has Sawyer ch...

In GEAR » Sawyer improves its bags - Aussies go check out Kmart
January 28, 7:39am

Cuben Fiber Tape (Double Sided)
http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/tape.shtml

In Make Your Own Gear » WTB: Cuben Fiber Tape (Double Sided)
January 27, 8:40am

LOW Simmer Trick - Depressurize the stove
The purpose of depressurizing the stove is to prove a low-output flame that is good for baking and simmering. This procedure must be done with utmost caution! First, follow the normal lighting proc...

In GEAR » Soto Muka Liquid-Fuel Stove for Snow Camping?
December 29, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm