BPL Community Profile

Nathan V (Junk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The Great Lake State
About Me I have been backpacking for about 8 1/2 years, although I thought about trying it for a few years before that. I wish that i would have started earlier, I've had a lot of fun doing it.
CityColumbus
StateMichigan
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan V

Showing 161 - 170 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Nunatak
Eric, good idea I will give it a try.

In GEAR » Help me buy a Nunatak
November 23, 1:46pm

H2O location
For me personally, I carry water however works best for the particular pack. In my jam I use one 1 liter soda bottle in each side pocket, in my atmos 50 I use a 2 liter platy in the mesh back panel...

In GEAR » H20 location in pack - front, side or rear?
November 23, 12:29pm

Re; Re:golite jam modifications
I did about the same as Daniel did, size M 17.4 oz. No cons, Pros: lighter, gets rid of unused features.

In GEAR » golite jam modifications
November 23, 7:52am

Re: Nunatak
Yes, that is exactly what happens to mine,the qwills poke through and then bring more down out with them. I have found that if I hold the fabric near the protruding quills, you can usually pull the...

November 23, 7:19am

Re: Re:Nunatak
I wouldn't call the down loss though the Epic excessive by any means, just more than I expected.

November 22, 8:38pm

Nunatak
I have a down jacket with an Epic shell(Feathered Friends Hyperion), which seems to loose a lot more down through the Epic than any other down gear with regular shell material that I own. I don't k...

November 22, 7:54pm

sweaty back vs atmos 50?
I agree with the previous posts, I have an atmos 25 and a 50, and like them both. Very comfortable. To me the extra weight is worth it.

In GEAR » sweaty back vs atmos 50?
November 12, 12:37pm

Check This Out!
I want some.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Check This Out!
November 05, 6:42pm

1 oz. headlamp
I have been using the atom all summer, and have been very happy with it. Works great around camp after dark.

In GEAR » 1 oz. headlamp
October 18, 3:58pm

Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
Thanks for the info, I didn't think to look at www.backpackgeartest.org. I might try one sometime, have to spend the REI dividend on something after all.

In GEAR » Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
October 16, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan V

Nathan V has posted no reviews.