BPL Community Profile

Joslyn Bloodworth (JoslynB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Joslyn Bloodworth has not added a biography yet.
CityChino Valley
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://ulborbust.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBackpacking Wish List for Two

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joslyn Bloodworth

Showing 161 - 170 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

New Blog
Hey all! I started my backpacking blog several months ago. It's still a little rough and I'm working on getting all my pages up and running, but I hope you stop by and check me out! ht...

In On the Web » New Blog
July 22, 1:32pm

Absolutely!
Agree with everything above and I find I am less likely to misstep with trekking poles and even when I do I can put my weight on my poles and off my leg before a misstep turns into a trip ending in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do trekking poles increase speed?
July 22, 11:46am

My 2 Cents
First I'd like to agree with Curtis. People say $25 is "too much", but isn't knowledge supposed to be our greatest piece of gear? In line with that comment, the biggest reason...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 22, 11:44am

Sewing a Quilt Questions
I'm just getting into MYOG and have done some simple pot and stove things and I got a setup I love. Now I'm looking to see what MYOG can do for my sleep system. 1. My biggest question...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing a Quilt Questions
July 22, 10:31am

Pot
I got a great pot idea from a guy called Rainbow Hiker on youtube. I don't know if he's done a video or not but the Blue Diamond brand nut company makes a small can of nuts that has a roun...

In GEAR » 2.75 ounce cooking setup... any ideas to lighten it up a bit more??
July 22, 9:26am

Length
I don't know if you're still taking some ideas but between you and me, I'd love to see a good UL bivy that I could buy in a short size. Not a lot of options out there for short people...

In GEAR » Designing a couple of Bivy sacks
July 22, 9:12am

Re: "Please someone explain this to me"
@Eugene - Show me a woman carrying a purse in the middle of the woods and I could agree with you, but the truth is I don't need a purse on a week long backpacking trips. I could however use a ...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 22, 8:55am

Re: Sleeping bag recommendations?
Actually as a side sleeping toss and turner myself, I find a quilt works better than a mummy bag. For me a mummy bag lets too much air in if used on it's side and wiggling just gets me all tie...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag recommendations?
July 21, 6:25pm

Re: Please someone explain this to me
I've never had issues with finding things on sale but, 9 times out of 10 the shirts I find on the clearance and sales racks are cotton and most of them don't work! You can't have non...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 5:48pm

It Depends
The smartwool midweight is a long underwear top and the nano pullover is a puffy sweater so it really depends on how you use your layers. My husband doesn't really like wearing a bunch of layer...

In GEAR » nanopuff pullover or smartwool midweight pullover?
July 17, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Joslyn Bloodworth

Joslyn Bloodworth has posted no reviews.