BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 161 - 170 of 426 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cuben / Down Quilt"
Length worked out perfect.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
December 18, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cuben / Down Quilt"
I just received my cuben quilt today and my first impressions are very favorable. It weighs only 10.3oz on my scale after removing two cord locks and shortening some of the shock cord. 10.3 oun...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
December 18, 8:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A fear of weapons...
That's a good idea... Ti Potato cannon. I would buy it!

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 18, 8:46am

Re: Re: Re: A fear of weapons...
>>>@ John No, but if I want I have the right to do so.<<< You also have the right to use 6 pound backpacks, bombproof tents, carry a GPS, cellphone, and spot, and bring a ...

December 18, 8:34am

Re: My gear list
Where, when do you hike? What are your goals for this gear list? What's your budget? I'll just pick at what I see to be the easy stuff and assuming 3 season extended weekend type stuff i...

In Gear Lists » My gear list
December 18, 7:54am

Re: A fear of weapons...
>>> However, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.<<< I guess that means you carry a defibrillator too?

December 17, 2:48pm

Re: Most Awesome Sternum Strap In the World
Someone needs to make a sternum strap that doubles as a one-hitter. I'm pretty sure 50% of thru hikers would buy one. :-)

In GEAR » Most Awesome Sternum Strap In the World
December 17, 12:21pm

Re: Re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
I'm glad to see Joe's work getting some more attention at BPL. I have a bunch of his stuff and it's all high quality and available at a fair price.

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 17, 11:49am

Re: Lowering a pack usign rope
Ha ha - cool. Thought it looked familiar. Brings back nightmares of loose rock, lightening storms, downpours, and the coppery taste of fear in my mouth - and that was only on the approach hike.

In Philosophy & Technique » Lowering a pack using rope
December 17, 8:52am

Re: UL geek
Simon - I hate to squash your dreams man but you don't really look weird or different to me in that picture. My advice is add some Tyvek and maybe a pair of Vibram 5 Fingers to your kit...!

In Philosophy & Technique » Weight vs 'The Look'
December 17, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am