BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 161 - 170 of 1262 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
Hey All, As most of you know I do not like talking about gear until I have a thousand plus miles on it or have used it for months and months out on the trail, but given that the SolPlex is so da...

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 15, 9:39pm

Re: FS Zpacks Zero Pack XS
Hey Jim, what color is that thing? Hard to tell. Any abrasion issues on the bottom or anywhere?

In Gear Swap » FS Zpacks Zero Pack XS
February 15, 6:28pm

Re: Montbell bag stretchiness
Agree with everything said above. Totally envious of anybody that scored a #2 back when they were being made! >>> What's the experience like? Like any other sleeping bag, exce...

In GEAR » Montbell bag stretchiness
February 12, 8:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
#0 Unknown Wood Burning Stove, unknown manufacture That is the Suluk46 LCT Stove and the Suluk46 TDW Stove Zpacks Hexamid Solo with inner netting and bathtub floor or Hexamid Soloplex Tent ...

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
February 12, 6:13am

Re: Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben & Event Fabric
Hey Richard, One of the statements I made in my article when this fabric was first announced was this: These three companies are some of the few small cottage companies that are investing t...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
February 07, 8:42am

mini-squeeze chunkies
Hey Dave... err, I mean Dale... What kind of flow restriction are you getting when you shove in foam the mouth of the bottle like this? Does it drastically reduce the flow-rate into the ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 06, 1:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: skyscape
@Roger, Thanks for the clarification. It was something you wrote a long while back that I remember reading about SN/PU that I guess my brain stored the data backwards on. So, PU does better a...

In GEAR » Skyscape X -minor mods.
February 06, 12:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: skyscape
Sam: I agree with your last post, though, up until the 70D polyester. Is that because you just do not like SMD, or because of the use of PU? I thought I remember reading something here at BPL...

February 05, 10:46pm

Re: Re: Re: skyscape
Christopher: I personally will never get an attached cuben floor again. Yeah, I hear ya. I am within the small but growing crowd that believe that CF has no place being used as a bathtub of a sh...

February 05, 10:14pm

Re: Skyscape X
As Jim said above... it does not have attachment points for guylines. However, with the next generation of the Skyscape X using an external support system, it might be possible to attach some co...

February 05, 10:06pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm