BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 161 - 170 of 1288 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Bamboo External Frame Backpack
Awesome little DIY backpack!! A mixture of the Molly Mac Pack and the LuxuryLite StackPack - two very unique and niche packs!

In Make Your Own Gear » Bamboo External Frame Backpack
March 15, 6:36pm

Re: A NEW potty trowel - the Deuce of Spades™
Here is a video of a 10 inch deep cat hole I dug in ~45 seconds using the 15 gram Suluk46 Titanium Trowel... got lucky on that one. Regarding the holes and getting dirty... yep, they do make it ...

In Gear Deals » A NEW potty trowel - the Deuce of Spades™
March 15, 6:15pm

Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
@Todd, oh, me'sah likes that!!! You/anybody ever used one?? Thanks for pointing out that U.L. Down T to me Todd!!! That could be a way to deal with three season (aka: "shoulder" sea...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 14, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Smallest pack dimensions you guys? New pics of pack update...
bad john.... bad john!!!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 14, 1:46am

Re: Smallest pack dimensions you guys? New pics of pack update...
SUL... taking into account three days of food being carried (average town-to-town distance) If you need more than 25 liters of volume than you have too much crap. If you can carry three days ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 14, 1:25am

Re: Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
Hey Rick, >>> I have thought about leaving the rain pants at home I think rain pants are probably one of the biggest misunderstood garments in the world of hiking garments. There are...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 14, 1:18am

Re: sun/compression sleeves
Hello, There is some sound wisdom in going with sun protection clothing and with compression sleeves. The issue of sun clothing is a whole other discussion from compression sleeves though - t...

In GEAR » sun/compression sleeves
March 13, 3:03am

Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
Hey Rick, Good looking SUL setup that should work in 99% of the situations most of us are likely to encounter. There are a few very small changes that could be made to save two through five o...

March 13, 2:42am

FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
I could be up for doing a gear trade of comparably priced gear if anybody wants this and has some gear they think I might be interested in!

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
March 12, 2:52am

Re: 5.5oz Cuben tarp with carbon tieouts
Love this post and the look of the shelter Steve - great job!

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5oz Cuben tarp with carbon tieouts
March 11, 5:48pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm