BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 286 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

dog food
Ken and Brian, She's a very energetic 60lbs and eats 2 cups per day normally. My 78 pound male eats double that. I've taken her on a number of backpacking trips so far, and always brought...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 15, 1:33pm

1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
Hello all, my long anticipated backpacking trip to 1000 Islands Lake is kicking off a week from Monday (on July 23rd). The weather prediction for Mammoth Lakes (closest town) is lows around 47-49*...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 15, 11:58am

dyneema
Every industry professional I've spoken with who uses it, be it a backpack maker or dealer of hard rifle plate armor, pronounces it "die-knee-muh", as was said earlier.

In GEAR » Pronunciation of dyneema?
July 12, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Tent In Space!
Hahaha! That was great. I loved the "prepare for re-entry"...and then the baloon pops and they plummet back to Earth. :)

In GEAR » Tent In Space!
June 01, 12:04pm

Re: SPAM
Hahaha, I gotta give Alice props for the thread title at least...I love Tolkien referrences. :) But her post sounded SOOO obvious as a sales pitch. Way too obvious. I prefer more subtle sales...

In GEAR » One Headlamp to Rule them All?
May 31, 3:26am

Re: Kindle
I've never considered owning an E-reader, since I really enjoy turning the pages and holding real books. But for backpacking or camping, I can definitely see the allure. The majority of batte...

In GEAR » To Kindle or not...that is the question
May 30, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Antarctica book suggestions
Wow! Everything from coffee table books, to internet articles, to novels. I greatly appreciate it everyone. This will give me some great material to whet my appetite. :) Thanks again!

In GEAR » Antarctica book suggestions
May 30, 12:40pm

Re: Re: Antarctica book suggestions
Thanks Roger and Miguel! I knew I could count on this group for recommendations. I'll check those out.

May 30, 1:34am

Antarctica book suggestions
Sorry, I know this isn't really a gear question, I'm just not sure which subforum would be the most appropriate section for it...maybe "Winter Hiking". I recently read a book ...

May 30, 12:23am

Re: "Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast"
Great report and awesome pictures guys! Ken, I thought I was a "true Hilleberg believer"...but then I saw your bumper sticker on your bear cannister. You put me to shame. Hahaha

In Post-Trip Reports » Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast
May 29, 1:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.