BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 257 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Heavyweight
Good point David, and I'm sure you're right. I didn't make it clear, but I was more referring to comfort than actual danger. In other words the, "rats...if only I'd brought t...

In GEAR » What I learned from two Heavyweights
May 18, 3:09pm

Heavyweight
"Just curious, what reasons were given for 3 stoves? I can see the justification for an extra fuel canister (even if not needed) but 3 stoves carried by one person?!?" My guess is he t...

In GEAR » What I learned from two Heavyweights
May 18, 2:19pm

Inside dog
Both my 60 lb female and 78 lb male Belgian Malinois sleep inside my tents with me (not both at once). They would refuse to sleep outside. Sure, the floor gets dirty and smells like wet dog from ...

In GEAR » Looking for tent recommendations: 1 person plus 55 lb dog
May 15, 9:31pm

Re: a tent like the lunar solo?
"The Nemo Meta 1 is rather similar to the Lunar Solo ." Sorry for a slight thread hijack...but I'd never looked at this tent until this thread. I guess I'm just not a hardcore...

In GEAR » a tent like the lunar solo?
May 15, 8:50pm

Re: Hilleberg Tent thread
"A Nalgene 1 L bottle is 180g. A standard 1.25L soda water bottle is 45 g (Aquafina bottles are lighter) What were you thinking ? Franco" Hahahaha. Touche Franco. PS- In a few ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 13, 7:57pm

Re: Hilleberg atko question
I dunno Mike, the Atko is 3.5 lbs packed weight, and is a 4 season tent. To me that meets the "very" light category. It's all relative. 3 lbs may seem heavy if you're comparing...

May 13, 2:27pm

Re: Hilleberg atko question
Mike, Charles can let you know for sure, but on another forum I read that the mesh inner tents are almost identical in weight to their stock counterparts. The mesh inner for the Atko is 1 lb, 5 oz...

May 13, 1:32pm

Logan
I had a feeling you might be the same Hilleberg distributor I've been chatting with on 24hourcampfire. :)

May 13, 12:36am

Re: great insight
If you go that route (zipper on the Woobie), let me know how you like it. I bought my new Doobie with the intent of using it to replace a sleeping bag for summer use. I might consider making the ...

In GEAR » Kifaru Slick Bag
May 12, 10:52pm

Re: Hilleberg Anjan photos
"(DISCLOSURE - I am an authorized Hilleberg Retailer.)" Charles, are you based out of Utah by chance? :)

May 12, 10:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.