BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 161 - 170 of 251 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Hilleberg atko question
Mike, Charles can let you know for sure, but on another forum I read that the mesh inner tents are almost identical in weight to their stock counterparts. The mesh inner for the Atko is 1 lb, 5 oz...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 13, 1:32pm

Logan
I had a feeling you might be the same Hilleberg distributor I've been chatting with on 24hourcampfire. :)

May 13, 12:36am

Re: great insight
If you go that route (zipper on the Woobie), let me know how you like it. I bought my new Doobie with the intent of using it to replace a sleeping bag for summer use. I might consider making the ...

In GEAR » Kifaru Slick Bag
May 12, 10:52pm

Re: Hilleberg Anjan photos
"(DISCLOSURE - I am an authorized Hilleberg Retailer.)" Charles, are you based out of Utah by chance? :)

May 12, 10:46pm

Slick bag
I have the 0* Slick bag and it is very well made. I'm a cold sleeper and at 20* with two sleeping pads I was still a bit chilly in the 0* bag. If I understand correctly Kifaru adds one layer ...

In GEAR » Kifaru Slick Bag
May 12, 10:33pm

Re: Anjan
Ah, I didn't realize it was so new. I've seen it in the catalogue since the beginning of the year, so I assumed it had been out a while. It must be well worth looking at if it's alrea...

May 12, 5:51pm

Re: Hilleberg Tent thread
Ken, outstanding review of the Unna! That is exactly what I was hoping for. When I look for backpacking tents for myself and the dog, I look at the 2 person tents. This is mainly because whateve...

May 12, 1:25pm

Hilleberg Tent thread
Hello all, after buying my first Hilleberg tent, the Tarra, I'm a huge fan of the brand. I'd like to get a thread going for people to chime in about their likes and dislikes of different H...

May 11, 8:24pm

McHale
My first McHale pack just got completed and I'm awaiting it in the mail. I'm exceptionally pleased with the quality of Dan's packs. The demo I used on my last trip was outstanding. M...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
April 22, 8:07pm

Re: CMC Rescue
"1 person as safety knot check? Sounds like bad way to teach IMO. EVERYONE needs to be checking all the knots ALL THE TIME. Get them in the habit to take personal responsibility for their ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rappelling rope?
April 20, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.