Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 161 - 170 of 1240 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: get both
Yep, they can even come in handy on the same trip. snowshoes are great when it's deeper but when the trail is hard packed or icy then microspikes are lighter and easier to use. ie last win...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Microspikes/crampons and/or snowshoe recommendations?
January 23, 1:50pm

Re: Exclusive!
at least he's moved away from sharp objects he has no skill with. (did he really stab himself in the arm while cutting up a fish? or is that some Bear Grylls "reality" )

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 22, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Roll-Your-Own Toilet Paper
not sure why plugging his youtube channel isn't in the Web section..... i think we all know different ways of packing TP. my method.. smash half roll, put in zip lock bag. works for wee...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 22, 9:09pm

Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
I know you didn't mean for days. I meant that people who use the term can mean different things. some people use it as slang for drinking water at a water source for a drink and nothing mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 9:01pm

Re: Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
Bring a small piece of tin foil to wrap over the holes.

In GEAR » Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
January 22, 8:15pm

Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
my theory is that you ideally show up to a water source with empty bottles.. meaning you timed it right and didn't carry more than you needed. now you can drink you "next drink" fro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Opinels
Ya, depends what you're doing. My food prep that needs a knife is usually limited to cheese or cutting a bagel. I can't get past the "have a knife" thing to just leave it sinc...

In GEAR » One ounce knife and sheath
January 22, 3:42pm

Re: One ounce knife and sheath
Opinel #6 handle sanded down a bit for a different look. 1 oz, self contained sheath ;) super easy to sharpen

In GEAR » One ounce knife and sheath
January 22, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Adventures in mini writing supplies
I don't use it for backpacking but the Pilot Petit1 fountain pen would be a bit different for someone. about 10g http://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-Petit1-Mini-Fountain-Pens/ct/1200

In GEAR » Adventures in mini writing supplies
January 21, 9:31am

Re: How many of you feel that a heavier framed pack carries light loads much better than a frameless?
I like Osprey my Exos 58. it carries much better than my Black Diamond pack that i use for rock climbing. I haven't used a purpose built frameless pack like ULA or SMD though.

In GEAR » How many of you feel that a heavier framed pack carries light loads much better than a frameless?
January 21, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.