BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 161 - 170 of 1149 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...115

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
Only done the LT and sections of AT in NH/CT but shelters are damn convenient.. which is good and bad. It is really nice to pull into camp, throw your pad and quilt down and call it home. i...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
November 03, 9:39pm

Re: Re: Re: very similar..
Cool.. practice hikes are definitely key. it helps you get into a rhythm of packing, unpacking, cooking etc so you're efficient. "I'd rather not wear stinky clothes to bed."...

In Gear Lists » Gearing up for the Appalachian Trail next spring
October 31, 12:58pm

Re: very similar..
Ozzy.. AWOL's book is pretty much the bible of the AT. you could cut it in half and have a friend send it to you in PA or something. there is also a kindle version i believe. or you could ge...

In Gear Lists » Gearing up for the Appalachian Trail next spring
October 31, 7:48am

Re: Re: Camino
A Local family did it this year and had a pretty extensive blog. they also raised a ton of money for the charity they raised money for. http://www.girlsontheway.com/ can also find SkyWalker...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camino de Santiago
October 28, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Pack lids
I like the extra organization. i'll take a slight weight hit for that. snacks for the day, headlamp, gloves, long sleeve shirt sometimes. I also have waist belt pockets that i put a small sc...

In GEAR » Pack lids
October 24, 12:42pm

Re: Re: Why Doesn't Tarptent Seam Seal Their Tents?
"No Cottage company seals seams as standard that i know of." Lightheart seals their cuben tents but charges extra for their sil-nylon versions.

In GEAR » Why Doesn't Tarptent Seam Seal Their Tents?
October 24, 11:36am

Re: Vermont's Long Trail
I read through again. I would highly recommend people use the pack/food bag hangers at the shelters. the mice/chipmunks may not have been around this late in the year but in warmer months it is ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vermont's Long Trail
October 23, 9:18am

Re: Vermont's Long Trail
Nice! For a slightly different NE experience for next time the White Mountains,NH have many more open and bigger views but similar ruggedness (straight up, straight down) Also many 3-5 day lo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vermont's Long Trail
October 22, 10:23pm

Re: Denali Ascent
I have the Evo Tours which are tail compatible 1 strap with the option of 2 if you're worried about it. I found 1 strap to be sufficient. Easy to slip into the toe strap and buckle up the...

In GEAR » snowshoe advice, please
October 16, 7:44am

Re: Re: carbon blade care
You can do what dale says what is called a Forced Patina. you basically put a protective type rust onto the blade and it prevents the nasty red rust from getting to the steel. though obviously ...

In GEAR » Mora #2/0 vs. Mora #1?
October 12, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.