Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 161 - 170 of 1425 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bear Attacks AZ 2012
Trolling stopped being cool around 2003. Piss poor attempts at trolling was never cool. maybe you can find someone to talk to on Reddit but you should probably just go away. ktnx biiiii

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking Solo?
December 10, 12:30pm

Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
Ed that looks a lot like what my usual day is like too. I go with either a breakfast on the go or at very most cereal and dried milk in a ziplock. not opening the main pack is a huge time sav...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
December 08, 10:39pm

Re: Efficiency and naps
ha. now we see where your downtime is ;) but really, eat and drink while you are looking around. take the pack off, stretch out a bit. change socks, walk around barefoot or in campshoes for...

December 08, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
You may prefer no poles but suggesting that you only need them if you are feeble or have a giant pack is where you went off the rails. i use my poles on and off for different situations. it al...

December 08, 5:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
usually i have 1 powerade bottle and 1 gatorade bottle. (spare gatorade cap is recommended since they don't react well to rocks) then my 1.5L evernew soft bottle for filtering and extra capaci...

December 08, 4:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
"unless one is frail or carrying a heavy pack, poles should generally not be needed for balance. anyone going for long distances with a light pack should have strong enough legs and midsection...

December 08, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
ya Kat but i've learned the actual sport tops from Smartwater are very fragile when dropped so I'd use the type that comes on my sawyer squeeze instead i don't drink a ton and can us...

December 08, 4:41am

Re: Really?
Why are you worried about brown bears in GA? hang your food, use a bear can or bear box and black bears will have no reason to bother your tent. if you are really worried about it, cook bef...

December 07, 9:46pm

Re: Re: Hiking efficiency and eating+drinking
I hike faster when i have extra balance of hiking poles so i accept the trade off. You could try a 1L smartwater bottle with a sport top on it they are a bit taller. The Gatorade bottles with...

December 07, 8:29pm

Re: Just go
+1 for just go. it is pretty nice actually. You go your own pace, stop when you want, eat when you want, sleep as little or as much as you need. take pictures and share.. might attract som...

December 07, 6:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.