BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 161 - 170 of 1099 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: "Good salespeople know this and exploit it. "
They are probably required to keep asking. unfortunately cooperate policies like that are made up from focus group/surveys and theft prevention people. the amount of people who would rather they b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 03, 9:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re
Bob I went with a Squeeze for many reasons ;) I can scoop water of any depth with my dipping cup :) Heath it sounds like it wasn't primed before you hooked it up to a bottle? the vacuum cr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
September 03, 6:34pm

Re: Re
The new bags are apparently better. I had one of the old bags fail on me. I went and bought a 1.5L Evernew soft bottle and it is more durable. they also have an inline version that would work if y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
September 03, 6:18pm

Re: Re
Check out the Osprey Exos.. it and the Granite Gear V.C Crown are some of the most popular 50-60L packs that still have a frame and are still only 2lb. and warranties. That said, many of the...

September 03, 6:06pm

Re: Did see some UL on the JMT
"None of those crews has spare shoes, stools, fishing gear or free-standing tents." why would you 'need' any of that? camp shoes are a nice thing to add for a thru hike but ...

September 03, 5:33pm

Re: Hmmm.
hehe I just watched an interview with a kenyan marathoner who grew up running barefoot and laughed at the idea that barefoot running makes you better.. he said he would take shoes any day (albeit ...

September 03, 5:10pm

Re: RE: "Current conversations with JMT hikers"
"But money is also a big factor" research and just plain not buying extra crap goes a long ways. http://www.lytw8.com/uploads/Cheap_Ultralight_Gear_List.pdf I think having peopl...

September 02, 11:48pm

Re: Gatorade Makes Me Vomit
I find that lighter drinks work much better while going hard. NUUN is my favorite at the moment for biking. Chocolate milk for afterward.. tour pro's swear by it... for hiking i like c...

In Philosophy & Technique » The science of Gatorade
August 28, 9:47pm

Re: feet
"Yes, Ben, you're correct! Straight up and over. :) " Woo.. Kate gets it :) should come do some of the Terrifying 25 trails this fall.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 28, 9:18pm

Re: First Trip Report: Pemi West Loop
hey ya made it. will be interested to hear how your gear choices worked out.

In Post-Trip Reports » First Trip Report: Pemi West Loop
August 28, 1:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.