BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 161 - 170 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone here use a Ghillie Kettle?
google tri ti inferno

In GEAR » Anyone here use a Ghillie Kettle?
August 26, 7:27pm

How to enlighten (pun intended) 'old school' backpackers?
I do have 'Lighten Up". It was my introduction to lightweight backpacking...the first part of my enlightenment. I'll take your advice Tad and pass it around the troop. Other ideas?...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » What age to change to trail runners?
August 25, 11:51pm

Re: You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???"
In chronological order, the following inspired me to go from 40lbs to <8lbs base weight...which made the trail experience just as good as the rest of the backcountry experience; 1) Lighten Up...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 25, 10:02pm

Re: Re: What age to change to trail runners?
Evan, you have insight beyond your years. And Tad, thanks for the nudge. I agree it past time. So new question...the leadership in our troop (except me) thinks there's only one way to do th...

August 25, 4:15pm

What age to change to trail runners?
My son is a 13 1/2 year old Life Scout, and really enjoys backpacking. I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster, and the U/L influence in our troop. We consider ourselves a backpacking troop, as we make mo...

August 23, 5:50pm

Re: not available?
They haven't "productized" it yet, but I think they are working on it. Shoot them an email...I'm sure they would be happy to help you out. They custom make all of these, for a ver...

In GEAR » New Inferno stove from Trail Designs!
August 23, 4:45pm

New Inferno stove from Trail Designs!
review... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=23493

In GEAR » New Inferno stove from Trail Designs!
August 21, 6:46pm

Re: Backpacking with the Wife
I consider myself extremely lucky...my wife loves backpacking & hiking almost as much as I do. In fact, when I go without her, she is bummed. Here she is recently at Zion Narrows using her Mini...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with my wife
July 22, 10:39pm

Re: Re: August Backpacker Mag - the Ultralight Camping Guide
Nick wrote; While it may be fun to poke fun at both from our perspective, we should not take it seriously at all. Keep the comments in good natured fun, but don't chastise them, "for they ...

In Chaff » August Backpacker Mag - the Ultralight Camping Guide
June 16, 10:38pm

Re: This picture made me go lightweight
Casey wrote; "The pack, especially the wide shoulder straps, are comfortable enough that I don't use the hip belt. One day I'll cut it off." I finally cut the hip belt off of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » This picture made me go lightweight
June 16, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm