Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 161 - 170 of 449 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: nice to hear other viewpoints
Ditto David re everything he said -- civil, constructive comments/criticism of BPL's future is great, and please, no ads cluttering up the site. Seems to me that a model primarily dependen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 9:10am

Re: EPIC for a Breathable Shelter
Here's a BPL article by Ryan re bivies with his evaluation of Epic's performance, mainly for bivies and sleeping bags (both poor), but also with brief comment re EPIC used for tents (better...

In Make Your Own Gear » EPIC for a Breathable Shelter
December 17, 10:16pm

Re: Miguel
Miguel, glad to hear your good news on the necrosis. Wish you the best! My best day after a doc visit is when the doc tells me, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it." So...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hi! My Name Is Ken, I'm A Diabetic
December 17, 1:52pm

Re: Re: "Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only"
Jake D - Since you apparently believe strongly that BPL management is incompetent and greedy, that the folks who pay for a BPL subscription are elites with a superiority complex, that the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 2:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
"If you walked into a Mcdonalds franchise that was dirty, tables not cleaned up, people behind the counter were rude, manager sat in the office despite loud customer complaints. would you buy ...

December 16, 12:20pm

Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
OP: "First, let me clarify because there's a kind of elitism in the forums that causes members to act as though they are superior to non-members just because of a little badge by their na...

December 16, 10:38am

Re: EPIC fabric question
Excerpt from a BPL article on the Oware Silnylon/Epic Bivy: "EPIC is good for intermittent light drizzle and for use in shelters with heavy condensation, but it may not be appropriate for p...

In GEAR » EPIC fabric question
December 15, 6:31pm

Re: This is where BPL's heart lies
Very, very well stated, Travis. Learning how folks face, and cope with, this disease is a very valuable education for others, and a great deal more. It is an inspiration. I joi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hi! My Name Is Ken, I'm A Diabetic
December 15, 10:32am

Re: Frying pan angst
Trangia's 27 UL hard anodized cook set comes with a hard-anodized aluminum frying pan that's a nice size (7.4" wide x 1.2" deep), and pretty light (per Trangia's recent specs,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Frying pan angst
December 11, 3:40pm

Re: kat p.
Hi, Joseph - here's my opinion on your question: I see BPL as providing resources for info and ideas related to an activity I enjoy very much -- lightweight backpacking. Those resources i...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 06, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm