BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 161 - 170 of 905 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
Geez guys, it was only a first date.

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 11, 6:03am

Re: potholder
I've use gloves, socks, or a handkerchief if I have one. Just remember that many synthetics will melt. Learned the hard way a couple times. Wool or cotton work great.

In Multiple Use Gear » Gloves double as pot holder?
April 11, 4:35am

The real story
Guys, I apologize for the uncharacteristically brief report. I am prepared now to offer the real story, and I think you will soon see why I hesitated to come out with it in the first place. In this...

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 10, 6:41pm

Re: latex
James- I agree that a no-drug control would have been a great addition. As far as the dogs cuing in on latex scent, this is a vet school student locker room. Lockers and lockers full of latex glove...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 3:38pm

re: Wraparound hip belt
Dave, I couldn't find a picture of my pack to illustrate what I mean, but I'll try to describe it. The expedition is a relatively wide pack (or I am relatively narrow waisted). The wings o...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 10, 3:18pm

General comments, scent theory, and some specific answers
Lots of great discussion points! Some general comments: Remember that this study is an experimental model. It is left up to the individual reader to determine how applicable he or she feels the...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 1:57pm

re: Entrepreneurs
I asked the officers what would happen if the dogs couldn't find the bags. They told me that they would all buy stock in the company before the article got released.

April 10, 9:11am

Re: How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. We had fun performing this study and the dogs thought it was a great game. "I am a little surprised though that neither seems to have much useful effec...

April 10, 8:08am

Wet weather enjoyment
"Half of the bounce is 90% mental" - Tigger Like many working parents on the forum, I don't always have a lot of flexibility as far as when I go on trips. I can hike in the weather...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 4:39am

This is awesome!
Would go well with my current family setup. Do you make tarps? My daughters have requested a pink princess one.. and yes, they are trying to moon the camera

In GEAR » WARNING; DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL
April 09, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.