Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 161 - 170 of 919 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...92

Forum » Thread

re:
I don't think I'd like squaring off against Colin in a debate. Sound logic and some truly awesome comebacks.

In GEAR » First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
April 17, 2:03pm

@Rob
"How do you like the Pertex Endurance shell for the Blackwelder? Does it get clammy or does it breathe ok?" I like it fine. It seems perfectly breathable and the inner shell is snuggly s...

In GEAR » Colder weather - quilt v bag for side sleeper?
April 17, 8:07am

re:
Not tall (5'8). Shoulder-wise, I wear a size 40 jacket. As a tossing and turning side sleeper, I always found my face mashing into the hood at some point in the night. Like Kate, I much pref...

April 16, 7:12am

Re: UL flask
Rumrunnerflasks.com Or an empty apple juice bottle

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best UL container/carrier/flask for whisky or scotch?
April 16, 3:37am

no drafts in a katabatic wide
I use the katabatic blackwelder 0 degree wide for winter camping. This excellent design has a draft tube that cinches at the neck and more than ample room to tuck the quilt around you, sealing out ...

April 16, 3:30am

re: OPSAK
@Scott- The OPSAKs were purchased online from REI at our expense for the purpose of this study. They arrived sealed in the manufacturer's packaging. I had no reason to suspect they were defecti...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 14, 3:49pm

re: Alcohol stove residue
We can only get the 75% stuff here too. Luckily, one of my residents has a girlfriend in Indiana. Once every year or two I have him bring me back a jug of the 95% stuff. Before that, I was using th...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove residue - how toxic is it?
April 13, 1:19pm

re: Alcohol stove residue
I use everclear for this reason (and cause I like to have a splash of it in my evening drink)

In GEAR » Alcohol stove residue - how toxic is it?
April 13, 1:00pm

Re:DPIF
Folks, Please send me your shipping addresses

In Gear Swap » small items- dpif
April 13, 8:26am

small items- dpif
Don't pay it forward. I don't really care. Be selfish. Enjoy White box stove (solo) and windscreen- you pay shipping $5 Coleman keychain compass/thermometer Suunto compass/th...

In Gear Swap » small items- dpif
April 13, 8:03am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.