BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 161 - 170 of 898 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...90

Forum » Thread

Re: How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. We had fun performing this study and the dogs thought it was a great game. "I am a little surprised though that neither seems to have much useful effec...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 8:08am

Wet weather enjoyment
"Half of the bounce is 90% mental" - Tigger Like many working parents on the forum, I don't always have a lot of flexibility as far as when I go on trips. I can hike in the weather...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 4:39am

This is awesome!
Would go well with my current family setup. Do you make tarps? My daughters have requested a pink princess one.. and yes, they are trying to moon the camera

In GEAR » WARNING; DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL
April 09, 12:04pm

Simplicity
My system is like Craig's, mostly for simplicity's sake. I prefer foam pad instead of inflatable, achy stove instead of canister, tarp instead of tent. A minimum of zippers, valves, or othe...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze vs Aquamira Drops. The argument.
April 09, 11:50am

re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
What Dave said. Don't get me wrong though. It is a great pack and well worth considering. I just don't like giving glowing reviews without presenting pros and cons.

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 07, 2:26pm

Mmmm
Hashbrowns, biscuits, and gravy is still my favorite post hike meal. I like to get a side of sausage and 2-3 eggs over easy thrown on top. This sort of food orgy usually attracts attention from wei...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post-hike rituals
April 07, 1:43pm

Re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
My wife bought me the Porter (expedition) about 1.5 years ago for family trips. Before that, I used to use a Dana Designs terra plane (about 7 lb for pack alone). I'm pretty happy with the e...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 07, 9:04am

re: driducks
For the ultralight 2 definitely size down. I wear a medium everything. The size small driducks fits me with plenty of room for layering. Driducks are awesome. With all the talk lately about $200...

In Gear Deals » Where to buy driducks these days?
April 07, 6:49am

re:
Thanks, man. Exactly what I needed.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » North Carolina hiking season?
April 05, 9:22am

North Carolina hiking season?
What's the weather typically like in the Linville Gorge area in early October? Temps? Precipitation? Bugs? Is this a good time to consider a trip? edit- oops, wrong forum

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » North Carolina hiking season?
April 05, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.