BPL Community Profile

a b (Ice-axe) - BPL Guest

My Locale a b hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me a b has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by a b

Showing 161 - 170 of 575 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...58

Forum » Thread

Cannon in the Dale
I actually have a Cannondale bike i use to get around our little town of 3,000 souls; Ben lomond. Got my bike for $250 off of Craig's List. I replaced the tires, tuned up the de-railures, etc...

In On the Web » Cannondale Vintage Backpacking
July 14, 12:56am

Re: Map and Compass: A City-girl Walks Western Wilderness
Great thread and difficult for me to read, not because of the way it was written, but because it hits so close to home. The trail is waiting for you. Go out and find your trail. Cheers!

In Editor's Roundtable » Map and Compass: A City-girl Walks Western Wilderness
July 10, 11:32pm

Re: Re: Vicious Puma
This post reminds me of a funny thing that happens up here in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Every year soemone sees a lion out on a local trail. The rangers come out and place warning signs. T...

In Chaff » Vicious Puma
July 09, 9:14pm

Re: Vicious Puma
Give 'em a scratch behind the ears.. they like that.

In Chaff » Vicious Puma
July 09, 8:58pm

Same here
I carried a Light my Fire fire steel for a time. I found the same thing Brett. While trying to light a fellow hikers alky stove, I found i had to swirl the alcohol around until some spilled out an...

In GEAR » Mini bic & Light My Fire questions
July 09, 5:57pm

Scurvy
"They determined that their rations... consisted of biscuits, pemmican, butter, sugar, chocolate, cereals and raisins, and.. pony meat" Complex Carbohydrate(Biscuits), Fat and Protein(...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Polar Explorers Died of Starvation
July 05, 11:48pm

Re: Re Wagner
I mean c'mon! Siegfried, the man without fear, slays the dragon, drinks the dragons blodd and hears the song of nature, AND gets the girl! It makes up for all the Sarah McClachlan songs I l...

In Chaff » Classical Music Lovin' Ultralighters
July 05, 9:26pm

OMG Nate
Wagner The Ring of Niebelung (or whatever). I still hear that Vedic Opera stuff when i come upon some crazy vista.

In Chaff » Classical Music Lovin' Ultralighters
July 05, 8:52pm

Above treeline without a canister
"d) how hard is it to "hang" when above the tree line? Never been to the Winds, but it certainly appears as though we'll be spending a great deal of time away from good hanging s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yet more bear canister questions/discussions...
July 05, 8:23pm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ryan Jordan pops in
July 03, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by a b

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 (Bug Bivy)
I used the a Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 bug bivy every night of my Appalachian Trail thru hike. While there weren't many bugs flying around in mid March when I started, the fully enc...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
July 01, 9:39pm

MLD Patrol Shelter Solo Spectralite Wtih beak
The Mountain Laurel Designs Patrol shelter in translucent green Spectralight (Cuben fiber) is, by far, my favorite single piece of gear after 2180 miles and 98 days on my Appalachian Trail thru hike. ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 29, 11:30pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
Mountain Laurel Designs has proven to me that durability and light weight can co-exist in the universe. Fittingly, my first introduction to MLD occured on the Pacific Crest Trail when a fellow hiker...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 07, 1:03am

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
This is my initial review of the Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30 size regular. Weight as measured 19 ounces. Loft as measured 1 & 3/4 inches. I had found that I used my sleeping bag open ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 07, 12:18am

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
It was on the Pacific Crest Trail in Sept of 2009 near the end of my thru hike when I first saw another hiker(Lint) using an MLD Exodus frameless pack. Upon examining the craftsmanship of the pack, an...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 04, 2:21pm