Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Here's the deal... I'm the best there is... plain and simple. I mean I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. Just a big hairy American winning machine.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 161 - 170 of 4659 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...466

Forum » Thread

Re: Squamish vs Alpine Houdini for Wind / Rain Jacket
I have the Squamish. The light rain it's capable of repelling is the light rain I'd hike through without a rain jacket anyways.

In GEAR » Squamish vs Alpine Houdini for Wind / Rain Jacket
May 27, 3:28pm

16mm
I have the 16mm and it's good enough for my purposes and better than the kit zoom lens. That's typically the only lens I take backpacking. I keep hearing the 20mm is better but at 30m...

In Photography » Favorite Sony Lens
May 27, 3:19pm

Re: Cool!
Yes the straw is to let air in when using a hardish sided bottle like a 2l soda bottle. It's unnecessary when using a bladder so I'm not using it.

In GEAR » New favorite luxury item, the Simple Shower
May 27, 11:36am

New favorite luxury item, the Simple Shower
I purchased the Simple Shower off of Amazon a few weeks ago and have taken roughly a dozen showers with it at home. I have short hair and have found that I can bathe and completely rinse off using...

In GEAR » New favorite luxury item, the Simple Shower
May 27, 10:25am

Re: How do you rinse out clothes? Wash off body?
Short answer: Focus on keeping hands, crotch, armpits, and feet clean while not cross contaminating grime/funk/fungus from dirty bits to the mommy/daddy parts. When water is scarce, I use baby wip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you rinse out clothes? Wash off body?
May 27, 10:19am

Re: Re: Re: Re: why do i need to keep buying stuff????
"You obviously need children to take your mind off gear. Doug?" I think it's safe to say that dating just about any man who frequents BPL, also qualifies as adopting a child. J...

In Chaff » why do i need to keep buying stuff????
May 26, 10:33am

Re: PNW GGG
Hello, Just returned home this weekend and immediately started plugging away at my honey-do list. I have several emails/PMs I need to respond to, and hope to reply to everyone by Wednesday. If...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
May 26, 10:11am

Re: Re: BPL only deal of the century!
DK, Life's like a razor. It's dull everywhere except right on the edge. I fear no Oz sourced curmudgeon moderator. Bring. It. On.

In Gear Deals » BPL only deal of the century!
May 26, 9:38am

Re: BPL only deal of the century!
I don't have a monkey but I've been known to punch a random clown and flog the occasional dolphin. So there's that.

In Gear Deals » BPL only deal of the century!
May 26, 9:36am

Re: Soap
I bring both Dr. B's unscented liquid soap and hand sanitizer. If I had to choose between the two for hand sanitation, I'd just bring soap. Both the hand sanitizer and soap go into my bea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone know of a truly odorless soap in bar form?
May 26, 9:34am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm