BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 161 - 170 of 3448 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...345

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Air Conditioning
Most people don't realize that almost 1/2 of Washington is desert and hot as hell in the summer. When working in Tucson in July, I laughed when I saw that the daytime high temps were only a co...

In GEAR » Exped UL7 W versus NeoAir XTherm L
September 18, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: the long shot
"Possibly, still alot though. Mirage would be nice but they don't make it in an XXL anymore and the price is pretty steep." It's a tough market for Godzilla sized hikers. I wa...

In GEAR » Down jacket observations
September 18, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Kickstarter Project: Learn to Packraft
Michael, Your a doodyhead and should try to be more grateful two over their in the Palouse sense that'z the hoame of the Cougs. Best regards, Ian PS Go Coogs.

In Packrafting » Kickstarter Project: Learn to Packraft
September 18, 2:56pm

Re: Re: Re: "Artifacts"
Funny stuff!

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 18, 12:09pm

Re: Best macro for Sony E-mount (in your opinion)
Thanks Nico. That wasn't on my radar but I'll check that option out.

In Photography » Best macro for Sony E-mount (in your opinion)
September 17, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Best macro for Sony E-mount (in your opinion)
"What sort of macro shots are you looking for?" Bugs. Flowers. Close ups of my son's diorama of Lego vlad the impaler vanquishing/beheading his enemies. I have the Sony 16mm...

September 17, 10:24am

Re: Re: Re: A good read on Ukraine, Russia and NATO .
My role in the military was tactical, not strategic so not a SME. I think the best military response at this point is air strikes combined with surgical raids to keep ISIS from gaining any mor...

In Chaff » The Question of Militarism/Empire
September 17, 12:25am

Best macro for Sony E-mount (in your opinion)
I currently have a Minolta 50mm f1.something that'll serve me fine but I'm interested in something in the 30-35mm range that can serve as a macro and 50mm equivalent walk-around prime lens....

September 16, 5:14pm

Kickstarter, Bridges to Nowhere, and protecting your professional reputation
I previously donated to a Kickstarter project. The person I backed was going to cross Death Valley and in return, I'd get a copy of the documentary. He never delivered and never communicated ...

In Chaff » Kickstarter, Bridges to Nowhere, and protecting your professional reputation
September 16, 3:40pm

Re: gloves/jacket -Katherine
The technically correct term is "dummy cord." I find them very useful in extreme cold weather (below 0F) when I'm wearing multiple glove layers such as ECW mittens over trigger m...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 16, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm