BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 161 - 170 of 562 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...57

Forum » Thread

Paypal?
Was paypal used to make the purchase? Assuming so, did the purchaser file a claim? Can you tell us what is/will happen? Just curious to know if paypal will really protect you when making purchas...

In Gear Swap » FS: $500 theclymb gear certificate
November 04, 4:54pm

Vapour vrs vapor
va·pour (vpr) n. & v. Chiefly British Vapor. vapour US, vapor [ˈveɪpə] n 1. (Physics / General Physics) particles of moisture or other substance suspended in air and visible as clou...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 01, 4:53pm

Re: DWR is not going to work for us
"It will soften the keratin in the down tufts" Couldn't the DWR treated down tufts prevent/slow this process? I'm truly asking as I have no idea myself, but would love to lear...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 01, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Value of substantial suspension
"For a 20lbs load you only need decently padded shoulder straps, a fairly minimal hipbelt and maybe a simple UL frame if that's your preference." Everyone is different. There is N...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
November 01, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Value of substantial suspension
"A lot of people use the vapor trail or even the nimbus ozone for that reason. it is a simple lightweight pack paired with a heavier duty frame and harness." That was my thought, it...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
November 01, 1:49pm

Here is one pretty cheap it no one on here has one for sale.
http://www.gocampingcheap.com/cole-exp-f1lite-lantern.html

In Gear Swap » WTB: Coleman F1 Lite Lantern
November 01, 12:43pm

I would, but...
I have a MUCH lighter tripod that I would use. I think it weights about 1 lb.

In GEAR » Would you carry a tripod on a bike tour?
October 31, 5:57pm

depends on if I'm awake or asleep...
For sleeping, my BAIAC. I know it's too heavy, but compared to all the comparable pads it was MUCH cheaper and I finally sleep like a baby . :) When awake, it is the sawyer filter. It rep...

In GEAR » What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?
October 31, 2:29pm

Re: SAR Victims
The only rescue I have ever done was a "hawt" young lady. Granted, she was with one other "hawt" young lady and their boyfriends. She was full on heat exhaustion. Inexperienc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What does the typical Search and Rescue victim look like?
October 28, 4:57pm

Re: Re: GPS
"Mau Piailug showed how Real Men navigate." Now THAT is awesome! Talk about real world skills. I humbly need at least a map... ;)

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 24, 12:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm