BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 161 - 170 of 599 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...60

Forum » Thread

pfaffing around
Australian for dicking around. English Verb pfaffing Present participle of pfaff. Usage notes Normally used in the form pfaffing around. English Verb pfaff (third-person singular...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 18, 2:56pm

Re: Volatile, semi-volatile and solid hydrocarbons.
"Synthetic fibers are good fire starters in pinch." I was considering what to sacrifice when my buddy discovered the cooking oil. He had tried white gas, which I kept telling him wo...

December 18, 1:23pm

Sold out again
I tried to purchase two but received an error message that only one was available, so I got one. I like the idea of a really thin SS pot with handle. :^) Someone needs to find a really light lid.

In GEAR » Just ordered a couple of these cheap cups for potential use as a pot, anyone else used one?
December 18, 11:36am

tecnu
You know about tecnu, right? I would plan on carrying plenty considering your sensitivity to posion oak.

In GEAR » Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
December 17, 9:38pm

Re: fire
"..at a certain point your hands start shaking and your motor skills go out the window ... think "polar bear" swim but rather than having a warm blanket and hot chocolate after, you ...

December 17, 2:50pm

Get a backpack first
I would not compromise on the backpack. Get one that perfectly fits you and carries what you plan to carry. If the pack doesn't carry well you will regret it. After you find the pack you nee...

In GEAR » Advice- pack for both travel and backpacking
December 17, 2:40pm

Dollar store
I picked up some cooling racks at the dollar store. Light and cheap. Something like this (but lighter): http://www.target.com/p/calphalon-kitchen-essentials-cooling-rack/-/A-10941577?ref=t...

In GEAR » Ultralight grill for fish, tortillas, sausages, etc.
December 17, 2:20pm

Oil
I have found that plain cooking oil works great. It burns long enough to dry small twigs and keep them burning. 3 oz will go a long way. It may not work as well as a rad flare, but you might act...

December 17, 12:20pm

stick bread
Yum. We still do that camping sometimes. Always with butter, cinnamon and sugar.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 16, 8:32am

Belly fat
I've always just angled the front of the hip belt down to avoid that problem. Even when I was 200 lbs (at 5'8") I never carried any weight on my shoulders. Even with heavy (>50 lb...

In GEAR » Hip belt usage and the squish-fit ?
December 13, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm