BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 161 - 170 of 568 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR
I had looked at rainshed and they came the closest with 1.4 oz in purple and 1.8 oz in pink. Looks like that might be the best I can do. Its funny that it is relatively easy to find 1.4 pink an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR
March 05, 10:13pm

Mids
A taller mid with a tall zipper might help a lot for getting in. And if you get a yellow MLD one it should be easier to find. A duomid might work well to get in and have lots of space

In GEAR » SMD lunar duo for my hippy dad??
March 05, 8:50pm

Decision Making Process
My process is first to identify the catagory of items that I need and define the attributes of that category. Then buy 1 item for each category and if buying a new item it replaces an item in the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What are your guidelines for buying gear?
March 05, 2:52pm

Re: More confused than ever then
Given your height I think you would be fine on the 64" pad. With your head on the pad just your feet would hang off. The extra width is where you need to make the decision

In GEAR » For those of you who love short pads...
March 04, 4:51pm

Knees on pads
I am comfortable with my feet sticking off a pad for about 6" or so. Any more than that and I am uncomfortable. I find that if my knees are off the pad I get a torque placed on my hips that ...

In GEAR » For those of you who love short pads...
March 04, 10:27am

Breathability
Anything you add to the face of it will decrease breathability. So you are definitely sacrificing weight and breathability. As for fabric perhaps 1443 tyvek. Its the material that painting smoks...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric choice to increase durability of Frogg Toggs rain wear?
March 03, 11:54pm

Re: Re: Re: ""The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)"
Isn't complaining that you have to ship it away to be washed just like complaining that you have to careful with a neoair so you don't puncture it? We buy gear based on a set of criteria...

In GEAR » "The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)
March 03, 6:29pm

Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR
I am looking for Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR or any lightwieght pink and purple fabric to make quilts out of. I have scoured the internet and can seem to find it. I have found Purple in 1.1 DWR but n...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR
March 03, 5:51pm

Sleeping Bag Price
I think it wll be a long time before the price of this tech comes into sleeping bags. You are right now looking at double the cost of current downfill bags. So where most useful in winter bags yo...

In GEAR » "The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)
March 03, 2:35pm

Re: Always trying to get a little lighter...
Couple of items I see to reduce or cut GG thinlight pad - What are you using this for when you already have an under quilt? First Aid 5.8 Hygene 5.8. First Aid is very personal so take what yo...

In Gear Lists » Always trying to get a little lighter...
March 01, 6:46am

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm