BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 161 - 170 of 365 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

pad
Dave, can you post the weight and dimensions (including thickness & "firmness") of the Jam 50L's removable back pad? If it makes a reasonably good torso pad for sleeping, I'...

In GEAR » 2012 50L Golite Jam (out of the box)
March 08, 11:21pm

_
"It weighs 4lbs so it's not ultralight but it costs only $199..." (4lbs of weight) + (199 dollars) = 17.338 teraparsecs of FAIL I'm sure Roger and Will can confirm my math...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer First Ascent Alchemist 40
March 08, 2:55pm

_
"The problem with them is when you are not using them." This. If you only hike on trails it would probably not be too much of a PITA having fixed length poles lashed to your pack wh...

In GEAR » Fixed Length Poles
March 08, 8:55am

_
I'll take it. Email incoming.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Bug Bivy - 6oz - New!
March 07, 4:33pm

_
Great info guys, thank you.

In GEAR » kinda picky question on sleeping socks
March 06, 2:15pm

kinda picky questions on sleeping socks
For those who pack a pair of socks dedicated for sleeping: do you size that pair up a bit from what you would wear with your hiking shoes? To the point that they're actually loose? Or do you ...

In GEAR » kinda picky question on sleeping socks
March 06, 8:39am

_
I love Patagonia gear. They go to the trouble on their technical pieces (and not just clothing) to engineer some very functional features. Their travel tote is a deliciously functional design. I...

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
March 01, 9:25am

vest
PayPal and PM sent. Thanks Mike!

In Gear Swap » FS bunch of Patagonia, Ibex, Smartwool- some good stuff :)
February 29, 6:01pm

vest
OK Mike, sounds good; I'll take the vest. Will PM you in a minute.

In Gear Swap » FS bunch of Patagonia, Ibex, Smartwool- some good stuff :)
February 29, 2:37pm

shoes
Andrew said "...most minimalist shoes don't offer enough protection for backpackers -- my feet get bruised by a 60-minute run on dirt trails, never mind a 15-hour day on cobbled river bars...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
February 29, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.