BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 161 - 170 of 345 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Komperdell Contour poles
Hmmm, looks like I made a mistake. I'll put them on my scale the moment I'll get home tonight. Probably it's 7 oz per pole. We'll see. Eins

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
May 10, 7:57am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: making poles
>Is the 7 oz you quoted per pole or for the pair? If it is for the pair that's awesome for adjustable poles.< The pair weigh in at 198 grams on my scale, that's 6,98 oz! And indeed...

May 10, 2:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: making poles
Steve, It says titanal compact on my poles, so I guess that's the name of the model. Hope it helps. Eins

May 09, 3:10pm

Re: Re: Re: making poles
>Einstein, what model of the Komperdell titanal poles did you buy.< Uhm? El-if-I-know. I guess I have the Contour Titanal cause I don't have any shoch absorbers and other stuff, but i ...

May 09, 9:35am

Re: making poles
My set of trekking poles are made by Komperdell, they weigh only 7 oz and are made of titanal. I guess a combination of titanium and aluminium. I bought them from the left-overs sale at the supplie...

May 09, 7:12am

Re: Crappy sound quality
This week I bought an Bluetooth USB dongle so my phone and pc can exchange files. I downloaded this podcast so I could listen to it on my daily commute (how do you spell that???). The sound quality...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Roundtable Discussion of the Limits of Ultralight Backpacking
May 04, 4:54am

Re: Re: Re: Results
I agree with you that it seems this recipe is better for cool weather hiking. When the bars come out of the fridge they seem fine. I prefer to walk in cool weather anyway, but sometimes you pick a ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calling Sarbar,
May 04, 4:35am

Re: Results
Well last week I made the bars. They were easy to make, tasty and nutricious. Only problem was that they are really fat. Now from a calories/oz point of view that's a good thing, but the ambien...

May 03, 8:54am

Re: Re: MSR Titanpot
Roger, Excelent article, very informative. Seems you have a good reason for all the items you take. One question however; what are you gonna use the scalpels for? Those were the only items that ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
April 26, 8:04am

Re: Re: Calling Sarbar,
Yep that helps a lot. And it's not the problem that you post a recipe of someone else. The units are the problem. But thats why i have my trusty convert.exe program. It only doesn't calc...

April 13, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.