Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 161 - 170 of 259 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
Joshua and Mary: I think you're right about the plain liquid alky evaporating then being fine, as it's the gels that leave residue (which prevent the alky from evaporating too fast). I also...

In GEAR » Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
March 17, 11:10am

Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
I'm considering the switch to benzalkonium-chloride-based (BAC) hand sanitizers for backcountry use mainly because I wear contact lenses, and residue from alcohol hand sanitizers a) takes a rea...

In GEAR » Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
March 16, 3:48pm

Re: What do you use for navigation?
Garmin Vista C with topo map and UTM coords., and a paper topo map (with UTM grid). Sometimes I bring a UTM grid tool for more precision (like "Where's that darn water spring anyway?"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 02, 8:08pm

Re: Poncho tarp color
PM sent on poncho tarp.

In Gear Swap » Misc. gear for sell
March 02, 1:53pm

Re: Misc. gear for sell
What color is the Poncho Tarp?

In Gear Swap » Misc. gear for sell
March 02, 12:29pm

Re: Need the skinny on Icebreaker
I found Icebreaker sizing to run small. I see you're going for the XXL. I'm size 46 jacket, 17.5 shirt, and the XL was way too small, even for a baselayer. (I usally wear XL in all tops...

In GEAR » Need the skinny on Icebreaker
March 02, 9:20am

Re: Re: "Simple Container for gels/cremes"
I use contact lens cases. You can sterilize them (especially the ones for the old thermal disinfection units), they're really light, and easily resealed. I've carried anti-biotic cream and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Container for gels/cremes
January 26, 10:57am

Re: Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
What I really need is a titanium compass. Or a titanium toothbrush (with nylon bristles, not titanium--don't be silly!). Or a titanium flashlight. Or a titanium compass with a built-in titanium...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Whistle - tiny, loud, no reed to loose
January 20, 4:26pm

Re: Anyone Oversize a Pat. Houdini?
Thanks, John. That's what I thinking. My point of reference is the Pat. Dragonfly pullover, the precursor to the Houdini. Does anyone know if the cut of these are different?

In GEAR » Anyone Oversize a Pat. Houdini?
January 19, 6:49am

Anyone Oversize a Pat. Houdini?
Has anyone ever sized up (by one) on a Patagonia Houdini to accommodate thicker layers underneath? I would like to use the Houdini in a winter setting as an unltralight outer shell.

In GEAR » Anyone Oversize a Pat. Houdini?
January 18, 6:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.