Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 161 - 170 of 858 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...86

Forum » Thread

Afoot and Afield in San Diego
James, don't buy the Jerry Schad book at Barnes & Noble. You've already paid for it with your Reg Fees and it's waiting for you on the sixth floor of Geisel. GV199.42.C22 S...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New in California
March 05, 11:08am

Re: Big Agnes Inuslated Air Core short pads $39.83
Mrs. Basil thanks you for the heads-up. We just shaved several ounces off her gear, and added comfort.

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Inuslated Air Core short pads $39.83
March 05, 10:56am

So Cal
Welcome to SoCal and to San Diego, James. Dave gave you some great suggestions (except for the reference to Harvey Mudd, which is 100 miles away): both USCD and SDSU have active outdoor prog...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New in California
March 04, 7:28am

Instaflate make's 'em all easy
That "instaflate" pool toy inflator that costs a couple of bucks from Leslie Pools and that folks here turned me on to will inflate any of the mattresses PDQ and weighs like a feather.

In GEAR » Air pad...lighter or easier to inflate?
March 04, 7:11am

Re: Re: Now at Hammacher Schlemmer
"I went to the Hammacher Schlemmer site with credit card in hand ready to buy this thing, then found out it doesn't exist." Well now, Doug, the only reason I mentioned the Carbon F...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 03, 8:59pm

Now at Hammacher Schlemmer
Daryl's truly UL external is pretty darn cool! However, I want the new OCLV monococque, carbon-fiber-framed external frame backpack with the dyed-cuben/dyneema grid packbag modeled after a S...

March 03, 9:59am

Re: Re: scout
I like that green tent at the top of this page! When I see that, it takes me back to my first "upgraded tent" which was a Eureka that used a single pole at the foot end, but a *pair* at...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Scout 2
March 02, 9:52am

Re: Re: A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
All this external-frame talk is heretical and surely upsetting to some folks, so let's just avoid posting and reviewing any "Revisiting the Raichle Boots" kinda stuff, m'kay? ...

March 02, 9:44am

by the shoe, or the pair?
Are those weights by the pair? I know Keen lists shoes, including their new lightened water sandals, by the one. So, the news Keens are just over a pound per set. The Vibrams sure look like ...

In GEAR » 8oz Camp/Water Shoe Option / Vibram Five Finger Signa
March 02, 9:23am

Re: Re: Nerves
Canards on a tangent... :) The "nerve damage" issue is one many kids face, with heavy backpacks in the "bookbag" or "daypack" style and a significant period of t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Damage from backpacks
February 28, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.