BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 161 - 170 of 1033 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks!
Hi Royal, sorry for missing your post earlier. The fabric definitely feels lighter that that of the earlier version but didn't give the impression of flimsiness. Since it's the same fabric...

In Gear Deals » Golite.com--40% off
December 09, 6:29pm

Re: Anybody have Golite's newest line of baselayer?
Dan, I just spent the day snowshoeing at RMNP wearing a new Golite BL-2 Longsleeve 1/4-Zip Top. Can't really comment on durabily yet but I'm guessing that it's as durable as most synthe...

In GEAR » Anybody have Golite's newest line of baselayer?
December 02, 9:04pm

Re: I'm wondering about the 2010 model
Royal, I took a look at the 2010 model a few days ago. It looks just like the earlier version but uses a lighter fabric and different colors. I've used the earlier Golite poncho/tarp on short...

December 02, 8:42pm

Re: cold trail runners
Having plenty of room too wiggle the toes is what you need. +1. This is key. For cold weather, I go up a full size in length and width to fit my fat ragg wool socks. Also, beware of too-tight ...

In Winter Hiking » How low have you taken your trail runners?
December 01, 8:36pm

Re: Screw my Shoes
Still another choice. For short sections of ice or trips where I'll also need snowshoes, I prefer removable devices such as MICROspikes.

In Make Your Own Gear » Screw my Shoes
November 30, 7:00am

Re: Re: Re: not working
Hmm. That's strange. I was given a printed card by someone who works for Golite. It says CODE: DSW10 (enter at checkout)/Expires March 21, 2011

November 27, 7:57pm

Re: not working
Willy, the info I have says to enter the code at checkout. Try that.

November 27, 6:26pm

Golite.com--40% off
Coupon Code: DSW10 40% off entire first purchase

November 27, 6:01pm

Re: tent stakes for frozen ground
I once carried one of every type of stake I own into the foothills to see which one would work best in very frozen ground. The only one I could get to penetrate was the beefy Vargo ti nail stake. ...

In GEAR » tent stakes for frozen ground
November 26, 7:07am

Re: differences
Maybe there are different production batches during a year? The same thought occurred to me, Piotr. Hikers who are buying online or through a Gear Swap may want to ask the seller to weight the S...

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
November 23, 11:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm