Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 161 - 170 of 271 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Big Agnes Helinox Adjustable Trekking Poles 10-12oz for $50 shipped
I think I recognize these. Yep, they were up on steepandcheap.com for $36 plus shipping on Monday (3/5). I didn't think much of them at the time, but they could be a great deal for those who w...

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Helinox Adjustable Trekking Poles 10-12oz for $50 shipped
March 09, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
Hi Daniel, There were no smalls left the last time I saw these show up on SAC. Regarding fit, I have a few Stoic merino T's - I'd say they are more of an athletic cut, and run a bit longe...

In Gear Deals » Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
March 06, 8:55pm

Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
Seems like a killer deal - $64 plus shipping for a down pullover with 2oz of 850 fill, 7oz total weight. What's not to love? It's up for the next 15 minutes or so. BTW, I have one of the...

In Gear Deals » Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
March 05, 7:27pm

Re: Re: WTB Crampons
Hi Doug, I received a few PMs from other users interested in purchasing the crampons, but as you were the first to express interest I'll give you the first shot. Here is a link to pics: Cr...

In Gear Swap » WTB Crampons
March 03, 1:29pm

Re: WTB Crampons
Hi Doug, I have a pair of BD Contact strap crampons that are basically brand new (save for an issue I explain below), I had bought them leading up to an early season trip to Sequoia NP last summer...

In Gear Swap » WTB Crampons
March 02, 10:40am

Extra 20% off clearance items @ Campsaver.com outlet
http://www.campsaver.com/outlet/ Use code OUT-4339 Some good stuff to be had - Icebreaker tops in various weights/sizes, Rab/Montbell sleeping bags and jackets/vests (Montbell UL down inner $...

In Gear Deals » Extra 20% off clearance items @ Campsaver.com outlet
February 29, 2:26pm

ZBsports via Amazon - $134.10 w/ free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004J9G5R0 Only the Obsidian color is on sale, but I suppose that's better than nothing (you could do far worse for color). I'm not familiar with ZBsports as a ...

In Gear Deals » Looking for ArcTeryx Squamish Hoody
February 27, 10:22pm

Re: 48 hour Inov-8 Sale Running Warehouse
Thanks Michael! I picked up a pair of the Flyroc 310's, because as much as I love my Merrell Trail Gloves and Inov-8 240's, neither provides much in the way of protection from rocky and ro...

In Gear Deals » 48 hour Inov-8 Sale Running Warehouse
February 23, 9:35am

40% off Montbell UL Down Parka/UL Down Jacket/Alpine Lt Jacket + Rab Infinity Jacket @ Department of Goods.com
Some worthy Mont-Bell and Rab down jackets have hit Department of Goods, which means you can get them for 40% off retail using the following process: Follow this url - http://www.cleansnipe.com/...

In Gear Deals » 40% off Montbell UL Down Parka/UL Down Jacket/Alpine Lt Jacket + Rab Infinity Jacket @ Department of Goods.com
February 14, 11:28pm

Re: eh
Yeah, the sale is nothing special. A cheap, relatively light softshell jacket (well, light for a softshell, at least) and some eVent pants. Nothing I don't already have or need.

In Gear Deals » FYI - Montane sale at Left Lane Sports - starts 2/13 7am PT
February 13, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm