Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 161 - 170 of 2848 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...285

Forum » Thread

Basic food answer

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Basic food question
January 16, 2:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Eat a nutria, save Louisiana - muskrat
Everyone always proposes it in a "worst song, EVER!" debate: Until someone trumps it (and wins the contest) with:

In On the Web » Eat a nutria, save Louisiana
January 14, 11:30pm

Re: Reusable plastic containers
>"'m sure you could find a container of whatever size you want from protein, weigh-gain, carb powder or whatever." When looking for plastic containers, just go dumpster-diving a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cookie tins for desert food storage
January 14, 11:26pm

Re: Eat a nutria, save Louisiana
Sometimes muskrat is substituted for duck because it tastes like duck (they eat the same plants) and is easier to prepare well (duck can be so fatty, that it has to be cooked more carefully). I or...

In On the Web » Eat a nutria, save Louisiana
January 14, 8:28pm

Re: ihpone battery permanently damaged by sub freezing temperatures?
I've destroyed a few cell phones with minor exposure to sea water. I've damaged the charging circuit of an iPhone with a brief exposure to fresh water. I also killed a laptop when I took fr...

In GEAR » ihpone battery permanently damaged by sub freezing temperatures?
January 14, 6:47pm

Re: Can I commission things in this forum?
I'll throw out an entirely different design idea: Put hook velcro around the bear spray. Put the loop velcro on your shoulder strap. You might need to play with it a bit to see if 4 square...

In Make Your Own Gear » Can I commission things in this forum?
January 14, 10:07am

Re: Deepest visitor engagement? BPL?? nsfw???
Thoughts: Manfred & Sons had an epic trip planned for 400 miles thru the Brooks Range. I picked them up at the Fairbanks airport and drove them hundreds of miles through Alsska and hiked in a...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Deepest visitor engagement? BPL?? nsfw???
January 13, 2:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Silnylon and urine
>'"enzyme" type cleaner." Also sold to wash out the blood for women using traditional, reusable, actual sponges once a month. Reasonably available in Europe, especially i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon and urine
January 12, 10:36pm

Re: Oddest single piece of gear you have seen on the trail
>"or he's read some BPL plastic water bottle leeching posts here" +1 Yeah, those debates are nearly enough to whack someone over the head with a one-gallon, heavy glass jug.

In GEAR » Oddest single piece of gear you have seen on the trail
January 12, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Here is a pic of those Max Burton brand Korean made 220g catridges
Inspired by Jerry's post, I got my butt into the Kenai, Alaska Fred Meyers. Max Burton 8.1 oz / 230 gram was $4. Versus Coleman 8 oz / 220 gram at $8. Half the price. I bought a bunch. A...

In GEAR » Who Makes All the Gas Canisters in the World?
January 12, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.