Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 161 - 170 of 2902 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...291

Forum » Thread

Professional samples
Best of all is to ask your provider for a professional sample of the creamy medicine. I carry a tiny, tiny little tube of the newest, best anti-fungal cream in case a a day of wet feet develop int...

In GEAR » Gelatin capsules
January 28, 12:55pm

Alaskan contingent freebies
"Hot dang" - yeah, especially when you and I start refilling butane canisters with propane for better cold-weather performance without all that annoying heavy steel to contain it! Some...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
January 27, 10:53pm

Re: Any paragliders here?
In the USA, paragliders are classified as unpowered, ultralight aircraft and as such, no license is required, as far as the FAA is concerned. You do have to stay out of controlled airspace, away f...

In Other Activities » Any paragliders here?
January 27, 7:47pm

Re: Yosemite August trip with kids 9 and 11 years old
A) I like your plan. 4,000 feet might do as much for acclimatizing, but it helps. And at no risk. Adjustment to altitude is individual and varies more from person to person than by age. However, ki...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite August trip with kids 9 and 11 years old
January 27, 2:23am

Re: Also bushcraft
BobS: +1 Akin to , on the first aid front, knowing how to put someone in a traction splint doesn't mean you do so on every trip. Broadly, a mini Bic is hard to beat. But there are some ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking and Bushcraft
January 26, 9:54pm

I'll take them.
I'll take both (assuming you can ship USPS. UPS to AK gets spendy). I'll PM you.

In Gear Swap » .6 oz LLBEAN Bucklite NANO knife and 2 EQUINOX Marsupial pouches FS
January 26, 9:48pm

Foraging versus miles.
Justin: Agreed, the general incompatibility of foraging and BPing that I note is when you are trying for high mileage days. If you your mileage is done in a few hours, then foraging is a nice way...

January 26, 7:56pm

Re: Backpacking and Bushcraft
For me, the overlap between UL backpacking and older-style, Boy Scout bushcraft skills (wood fires, fabricated shelters, lashing, etc) is more comfort that I can respond to emergencies or deteriora...

January 26, 4:03pm

Re: Esbit and USPS
I would no concern about esbit causing a problem with a USPS drop box. (1) they check almost nothing, (2) they're allowed to check almost nothing (only media mail packages can be opened to che...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Esbit and USPS
January 26, 3:08pm

What Hoe Am I Looking For?
This reminds me of a Jeopardy episode. Famously unflappable Alex Trebek gave the answer, "A term for a long-handled gardening tool can also mean an immoral pleasure seeker" and was expec...

In GEAR » What hoe am I looking for?
January 26, 12:37am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.