BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 161 - 170 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Winter Stove Discussion - 2014
>"Plus, the price per gallon of water from snow is is obviously better with liquid fuel." Hopefully you know this, but don't argue price of fuel until you've got one of the ...

In GEAR » Winter Stove Discussion - 2014
August 25, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Current light weight synthetic sleeping bags?
Max, "I think I'm one of the few synthetic die-hards on here, so take my opinion for what it's worth." Me, too. Summer backpacking in California - sure, down lets you save wei...

In GEAR » Current light weight synthetic sleeping bags?
August 25, 4:00pm

Re: Women of BPL, Help a Brother Out
>"I'm going to carry some tequila and PackitGourmet margarita mix." How about a nice white wine (transferred to a plastic bottle), a selection of cheese from the deli and good c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Women of BPL, Help a Brother Out
August 24, 11:38pm

Re: collapsible for long hikes
A few water-carrier generations ago, circa 1985, Adventure-16 made a 2-gallon water carrier consisting of a light plastic bladder with the same filler/spout as wine-in-a-box fit inside a slightly s...

In GEAR » Collapsible water bottles - why?
August 23, 1:35pm

Re: hat ?
+1 on the Chrome Dome. I find it feels about 10F cooler under the umbrella while in full, high-altitude sun (like 8,000 feet in the Sierra). Does double duty during those afternoon thunderstorms....

In GEAR » Hat for hot sun...
August 23, 1:20pm

Re: Tall person's support thread
Duluth Trading has their "anti-plumber's butt" T-shirts with an extra 3" of length in the torso in many styles and colors for around town us. Including some in a wicking fabric ...

In GEAR » Tall person's support thread
August 23, 12:09pm

Re: Back-at-the-car checklist?
+1 on the walk-around. While I'm doing that, I pick up all the stuff you other guys leave behind and sell it on eBay.

In Philosophy & Technique » Back-at-the-car checklist?
August 22, 11:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Fastest Known Times (FKT)
>"Can you beat 3 months?" 72 Days - Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries 60 Days - Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon 32 Days - Ernest Borgnine and Ethel Merman 30 Days - Drew Barrym...

In On the Web » Fastest Known Times (FKT)
August 22, 6:46pm

Re: Traveling light
I don't travel as many times a year as Nick, only about 20 trips (although about 90,000 miles each year), but typically to Hawaii about once a year. Absolutely, you could do a Hawaii trip out ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Travling light
August 22, 4:09pm

Re: Max capacity
>"Some of the ones mentioned above top out at 2.2 lb or 6 lb. I wouldn't want one that low if only because I like to weigh my food bag" True. Three solutions: 1) Spend less ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a scale to weigh my things.
August 22, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.