BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 161 - 170 of 2377 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...238

Forum » Thread

Trail report
As of yesterday, when my 9-year-old and I were hiking in Zion up to Angel's Landing (5,790 feet above sea level), there was no snow, no ice, and no trace of snow or ice anywhere we hiked nor an...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
March 14, 10:32pm

Re: Converting my wife
I met my wife on a backpacking trip, so there was that common ground. I've done (and continue to do) more high-mileage days than she likes, but she's been higher (21,000 feet) and in mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Converting my wife
March 13, 6:33pm

Re: Thank you for the responses!
Just click the "Watch this thread" link at the top the page. You'll receive an email when someone posts to the thread. And your watched threads will be listed under the "View my ...

In Fishing » fishing the jmt
March 12, 12:35am

Re: Re: Re: Me, me
Yeah, wish I could swing it and see you all again. But having been in Zion with my wife for V-day and there again tomorrow with my daughter, it would be pushing it to return solo in 2 weeks.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
March 11, 10:39pm

Re: Re: Las Vegas Hikes - Zion Narrows?
A bad idea, or "No, we are denying it."? I've seen those letters, signs, and verbal warnings from GCNP towards myself and towards others even more physically capable. I understand ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas Hikes
March 10, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Target underwear
>"so an in person purchase would be good." Yeah, just ask to use the changing room to try them on!

In GEAR » Target underwear
March 08, 1:36am

Re: Knife sharpeners
I remember a magazine article about someone who was on a canoeing trip, flipped the boat, and lost most of the gear. Once on shore, he took out his knives (plural) and sharpened them. Then he fel...

In GEAR » Knife sharpeners
March 08, 1:35am

Re: Love Life guy walks across America
Having lost a child, I have to say that getting out and doing something is better than the alternative. For me, taking a long walk helps a lot.

In On the Web » Love Life guy walks across America
March 08, 1:23am

Re: Re: Re: "Video: how to release pet dog from trap"
>"cyanide. . . in the lower 48. Now that's a bit disturbing." Friends from Alaska vacationing in Montana, I think (give or take a state - they're all so small down there...

In Philosophy & Technique » Video: how to release pet dog from trap
March 05, 11:19pm

Re: Re: "Video: how to release pet dog from trap"
"I thought you placed traps in water so animal drowns before damaging the pelt or escaping." Sure, for beaver and muskrat. Possibly for mink - they are almost as aquatic as their cous...

In Philosophy & Technique » Video: how to release pet dog from trap
March 05, 11:15pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.