BPL Community Profile

David Drake (DavidDrake) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Idaho
About Me I manage the Fabrication Labs for a university architecture program, and teach design courses.
CityMoscow
StateIdaho
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://ddrake.net
My PDF Gear List2014 Basic 3 Season 3 Day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Drake

Showing 161 - 170 of 725 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...73

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 30F Bag Choices--which to buy? (with spreadsheet!)
Thanks for the Vireo suggestion, David; I've edited the above to include Nano and UL. I'm not too familiar with FF, so didn't notice it before. Interesting concept. Hard to know where t...

In GEAR » 30F Bag Comparisons--which to buy? (with spreadsheet!)
March 09, 2:56pm

30F Bag Choices--which to buy? (with spreadsheet!)
I'm in the market for a new bag. I have two: a WM Ultralite I rarely use; and a Golite 1+ season that has become my regular three-season choice (have had it to mid 30s using the usual tricks). ...

In GEAR » 30F Bag Comparisons--which to buy? (with spreadsheet!)
March 09, 11:53am

Tachyon--first impressions
So I bought a Tachyon anorak from Montbell's Outlet page. $60. 2.3 oz on my scale for the Medium. First impressions: >Could have gone with a Small for more athletic fit over base layer al...

In GEAR » Any point in getting a new wind shirt?
March 08, 6:42pm

Re: Question
Yeah, good question. I've sewn a strap back on with dental floss, but that was back when I carried a too-heavy pack, and I prob. would have seen the problem if I'd inspected the pack more c...

In GEAR » Your Repair Kit Contents
March 08, 11:44am

Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
Hi Rick, I've been mostly absent from BPL for the past couple years; coming back, I've definitely noticed the (as you put it) "mixed feeling on this forum about the sense or logic in ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 08, 11:15am

Time to filter 1L?
I'm also interested in time to squeeze-filter a liter. When I treat water, I've used Aquamira drops exclusively for a few years now, but the weight and cost of the Sawyer Mini makes switchi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What is your hydration system using the Sawyer Mini filter?
March 07, 11:07am

Thanks...
...Peak seems worth a try, then.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nido or Peak?
March 06, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Cold weather cooking - stove choices
Hi Roger, Are you saying replacing the sintered brass filter is unnecessary running the FMS 300T as intended (upright and using good-quality canister like Snowpeak)? I just got one and was conside...

In GEAR » Cold weather cooking - stove choices
March 06, 2:00pm

Nido or Peak?
Searching for Nido on Amazon also returned Peak brand whole milk powder. It's cheaper. Anyone use it?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nido or Peak?
March 06, 9:43am

Re: help help help
SMD sells optional poles for their tents. $14/ea--looks like you'll need 2. Link to the Skyscape Scout is here: http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tents/SkyscapeScout.html A 20 (F) degree bag ...

In Gear Lists » HELP HELP HELP!!!
March 04, 11:14am

All Reader Reviews by David Drake

David Drake has posted no reviews.