BPL Community Profile

Arapiles . (Arapiles) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Arapiles . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Arapiles .

Showing 161 - 170 of 770 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...77

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re : The Carbon Flame War
"Arapiles says: focussing locally, there's clearly something going on given the changes in rainfall patterns in parts of Australia. Yes Arapiles, it's called "Weather".&...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 19, 3:59am

Re: Re : The Carbon Flame War
"Can someone come up with a term to describe folk like myself? :)" Sceptic? As I've said a few times, I don't have much time for some of the wilder claims being made by some...

June 18, 8:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Rog Mea culpa (partly) - he has published in hydrology and ENSO variability but isn't a climate scientist. That said, given the groups and individuals he associates with, it would be fair t...

June 18, 7:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"But, but, but,... I thought Murdoch was "fair and balanced" And thanks a lot you Australians for unleashing him on us : )" Apologies. At least he's not one of us a...

June 18, 7:36am

Re: "The Carbon Flame War"
"This columnist for a Sydney newspaper thinks we ought to tattoo the forearm of global warming deniers so everyone will know who they are. It's intended to be provocative and a "jo...

June 18, 6:04am

Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
"researchers at Newcastle University conclude that elevated temperatures in the Murray-Darling basin were a combination of natural factors: Lead researcher Associate Professor Stewart Frank...

June 18, 5:12am

Re: Re: Bin Laden dead
"... maybe you should considering exercising one of the freedoms you have as an American and just leave." Here in Australia I occasionally see what I consider to be a particularly obno...

In Chaff » Bin laden dead
May 10, 4:32am

Re: Re: Re: Collective emotions
"The Islamist motivations are no mystery- Hatred and world domination (visions of making Islamic superpowers) Every hate group has some legitimate and non legitimate grievances dosn't chan...

In Chaff » Bin laden dead
May 04, 3:17am

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War Is Over
"practically incommunicado since returning from Lisbon, possibly licking infected wounds inflicted by the accursed Warmista-which are notoriously slow to heal-so patience is called for" ...

May 01, 12:14am

Re: wild things
"i wouldn't wait for anything from wild things' new line. they've been trying to launch it now for a year or two. i think they are a bit distracted with their military and law enfo...

In GEAR » I need a good rain jacket
April 28, 2:03am

All Reader Reviews by Arapiles .

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
I bought this light from Battery Junction for a ridiculously cheap price, at least when compared to what retailers charge for headlights in Australia. Because CR 123 batteries are so extraordinarlily...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 31, 6:16pm

Montbell Versalite
I tried this pack on in the store when they first came out in Japan last year. I love the look and features but like a lot of the Mont Bell packs I found the straps rubbed on my neck/shoulder muscles...

In Backpacks - External Frame
May 02, 3:11pm

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
(Actually I'd give it a 3.5 if that was an option.) I'm trying to replace a now very old Patagonia pneumatic anorak but the Houdini doesn't quite get there. Positives: it's very ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
April 05, 2:09pm