BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 161 - 170 of 1260 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...126

Forum » Thread

peeling sealant
I'd just remove any sealant which is obviously peeling, clean with alcohol, and reseal. Remember though that only the actual thread and threadholes need sealed. If it's peeling from area...

In GEAR » Tent care
March 03, 8:24am

Gatewood support
Brett, I wonder if you could use a sturdy stick to support the Gatewood if you don't use trekking poles? There might be a little bit of whittling involved of course. What do you Gatewood users ...

In GEAR » Looking for a decent poncho/tarp
March 03, 7:55am

Re: Tent care
Washing machines can really tear up mesh on tent, and I wouldn't trust one. I clean my silnylon tents by spraying them with a garden hose and then touching up any dirty areas with a cloth rag a...

In GEAR » Tent care
March 02, 7:27pm

Re: Shouldn't a rain jacket ALWAYS be high visibility?
I like subdued colors because they reduce my visual impact on the environment. That includes the perceived visual impact on myself. But, my current rain jacket for frequent wet cold is bright red b...

In GEAR » Shouldn't a rain jacket ALWAYS be high visibility?
March 02, 5:37am

Re: The crappiness of pit zips
I think the pit zips on my eVENT Packa work great. I wouldn't change anything about them, and that's rare for me to say.

In GEAR » The crappiness of pit zips
February 28, 12:04pm

Re: What is your two item first aid kit?
nm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is your two item first aid kit?
February 28, 11:01am

Re: Need a water filter? Peel a tree branch - or not
But burn that (down) branch, and you can purify the water much faster and more effectively by boiling it. :)

In GEAR » Need a water filter? Peel a tree branch - or not
February 28, 8:30am

Re: SUL Backpacks
Just an observation on the weight and capacity vs durability aspect: My older (2010) GG Gorilla weighs 14.8 oz with everything removable removed, including cutting out the hydration pocket and c...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 26, 8:44am

Re: Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)
This looks like a fun trip. Put me down as a maybe for now. :)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)
February 25, 10:04am

Re: Quick and dirty bear perimeter alarm
"why would i need to get dressed? unzip bag, which takes way less than 10 seconds, slide on shoes, charge at bear naked with trekking poles" This could really backfire when someone els...

In GEAR » Quick and dirty bear perimeter alarm
February 24, 11:39am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.