Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 161 - 170 of 305 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Made sleeping interesting...
Gads, man! And that's just 'one' arm you're showing us. If you would, let us know how you make out with that GoLite shirt.

In GEAR » Why would I ever wear short sleeves in the NE?
June 05, 8:39am

Re: Learning to Sew?
In short, for me, it was all about "just trying stuff" while starting small. Stuff sacks, rain skirts and whatever other simple(r) items you can think of to make are good starters. Using ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Learning to Sew?
June 05, 7:52am

WTB: PataG' Nano Puff Pullover - Womens XS
Never mind! :)

In Gear Swap » WTB: PataG' Nano Puff Pullover - Womens XS
June 03, 10:22am

Re: Re: Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
Is there a mirror that could be trying to flip back and forth for some reason upon battery install? I just read a few reports of shutter/shutter-button failures on this model Cannon. I wonder if...

In Photography » Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
June 03, 10:02am

Re: Warming up the water?
I suppose I could use some kind of dark-colored stuff sack (multi-use)...but I made a tight-fitting "sleeve" out of black rip stop that I put over my 2l bladder; I leave it all out in the...

In GEAR » Showerhead for Platypus?
June 03, 8:16am

Re: Tarp & Bivy or TarpTent
James - the kinds of areas and seasons in which you'll do the majority of your hiking is something important to consider (and for us to know). Room for gear or a [future?] hiking partner is als...

In GEAR » Tarp & Bivy or TarpTent
June 02, 10:55am

Re: Overdue Hiker Found By Rangers
I'm not sure what's more disturbing, his history of being overdue or 'planning' to have his wife wait 5 days before considered overdue from a 10 day trip in snow country. It sounds ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Overdue Hiker Found By Rangers
June 02, 10:34am

re: Gatewood overkill
Michael - it sounds like you already have a bivy? I love my Gatewood; I also agree that a bivy under a Gatewood may be unnecessary in most conditions. But, if you don't yet have the bivy, y...

In GEAR » Poncho Tarps. Questions
June 01, 3:03pm

re: Thanks for the Trip Report
Thanks for this great report, gentlemen. Super pictures! I've a girlfriend who enjoys backpacking low(er) mileage trips and this trip looks great for that. We're out of Fresno so it...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kings Canyon - Redwood Canyon
June 01, 10:25am

re: why not the Gerber
IMO, the Gerber is a decent saw and packs well but its blade length is less than 7" which limits its use, especially when compared to the above saw with a 15" blade length (and a total we...

In Gear Deals » Coming Soon: UltraLite 15" Buck Saw, less than 4.5 oz
May 31, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.