BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 161 - 170 of 365 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

Rainbow/DR comparison
Here is a somewhat fabricated comparison. I don't actually have a photo of two 20" pads inside a DR but I have very similar comparison shots taken from the same perspective inside both mo...

In GEAR » TT Rainbow 2010
March 15, 9:15pm

Re: Permatex vs. thinned silicon
>How well would the Permatex flow into the seams? Would it be better than GE II thinned with spirits? Would it dry clear and clean while being hardly visible? > I am still leaning more tow...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 07, 10:46pm

Re: footprint size
At first thought, the 4-person Hogback would seem to have a much larger footprint than something like a 2-person Squall 2 but the actual comparison surprised even me. The gold colored figure is t...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback
March 06, 4:44pm

Re: doing some research
> will the 48 inch floor accommodate a cut down 25 inch wide large neo air and a regular neo air? Easily two 25" wide neoairs now. The full floor fabric width is now 58"(was 56"...

In GEAR » TT Double Rainbow 2010
March 04, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Help with Cloudburst 2
Jeff, I think the "hooks" are actually line tighteners. At each of the two top circular reinforced pullouts there is a line tightener and pullout loop. -H

In GEAR » Help with Cloudburst 2
February 26, 12:58pm

Re: Help with Cloudburst 2
>Do you know what the plastic hooks on the front are for, where the front guylines are attached on the black circles? That's the one thing I haven't figured out yet. Those are line ti...

In GEAR » Help with Cloudburst 2
February 26, 10:48am

Re: Re: labrador / Squall
>Wow, this thread really says something about the floor durability in Henry's tents! Tioga, the 100-lb chocolate Lab, hones his large claws through grueling hours of digging up our yard. ...

In GEAR » Dogs and tarptents
February 23, 9:36am

Re: Sublite Sil
>What kind of weight are we talking about Henry? Heavier than the prior Sublite Sil but lighter than the Contrail. I'll know more in a few days when I get the pre-production sample.

In GEAR » MLD Solomid
February 21, 9:39am

Re: Contrail
>.. the Silnylon version of the Sublite has not been available for months (and months)... ...and not available for another month or so but then it's coming back with some nice improvement...

In GEAR » MLD Solomid
February 21, 9:21am

Re: re: moment
> Someone posted a pic here a little while ago of their TT Moment under a significant snow load. IIRC Henry popped up on the forum and didn't recommend it. The pole was likely THIS CLOSE to ...

In GEAR » Tent Decision...
February 11, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm