Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 12445 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1245

Forum » Thread

Re: Beer can Pot threaded insert
The last photo shows horizontal ribs and also oblique ribs. Is that good? Also, this last photo doesn't show any authentic copper plating, so it must be a counterfeit. Right? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer can pot ribs
March 06, 10:53pm

Re: Creative Commons and gear design.
I was working for a small company about twenty years ago that had a great electronic design, so they filed for a patent. Then they went quiet about it. One extremely large company approached us and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Creative Commons and gear design.
March 06, 10:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Anker 3200mAh "Lipstick" Battery - Record Low Price on Amazon
I can't speak about that particular Anker product. However, typical lithium batteries that have been properly charged and discharged have a self-discharge rate of about 1% per month when they a...

In Gear Deals » Anker 3200mAh "Lipstick" Battery - Record Low Price on Amazon
March 06, 10:03pm

Re: September weather?
Compared to July or August, the September weather gets a little unpredictable. The ground tends to be very dry by then, so it can often rain and soak right in. Depending on your elevation, some of ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierras Newbie
March 06, 12:21pm

Re: Canine base weight
No dog booties? --B.G.--

In GEAR » knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
March 05, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Mini Reciprocating Saw Cordless w/lithium battery
Bob Moulder, what is your dog's baseweight? --B.G.--

In GEAR » knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
March 05, 7:10pm

Re: Condensation in bivy?
If my sleeping bag is seriously overrated for the ambient temperature, I just lay down on my sleeping pad and lay the bag on top of me. It sounds like your bivy sack is doing a better job of a v...

In GEAR » Condensation in bivy?
March 05, 5:37pm

Re: Re: conditions around 2nd week of June
You guys are going to have to try out Harrison Pass. No trail. This is the connector route between Lake South America and Lake Reflection. --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » Onion Valley to Whitney
March 05, 5:33pm

Re: Y-stakes vs. V-stakes?
V-stakes have a tighter interior angle than Y-stakes, and that seems to make the dirt cling better. Besides, the dirt comes off when brushed against an evergreen branch. Whatever happened to the...

In GEAR » Y-stakes vs. V-stakes?
March 05, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 11
"Give him a break. This isn't the New York Times." It's not even the Bozeman Bulletin. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 11
March 05, 4:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.