Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 11983 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1199

Forum » Thread

Re: Carnivores
The wolves in Spain must be feeding on wild and domestic sheep. --B.G.--

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 02, 10:52pm

Re: Re: Non-bear attracting, non-DEET bug repellent?
At the last time that I was in Alaska, the mosquitos were not nearly as bad as the biting flies. I think they were dark with a white spot. As long as you had full skin coverage by clothing or ne...

In GEAR » Non-bear attracting, non-DEET bug repellent?
January 02, 10:49pm

Re: Re: Re
"Whether or not bears are attracted to permethrin, i don't know." In Alaska, I think the bears are attracted only to sockeye salmon, Arctic ground squirrels, and elk calves. --B...

In GEAR » Non-bear attracting, non-DEET bug repellent?
January 02, 10:46pm

Re: tod
What pillow? --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
January 02, 10:42pm

Re: Huh?
"What keeps your foot from sliding right out the back when climbing?" That's what worries me. I don't know. Maybe you apply it with Super Glue. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Vargo's new 2015 4oz 10point crampons
January 02, 10:36pm

Re: Vargo's new 2015 4oz 10point crampons
It looks like those are held on purely by the straps, and the straps go all the way around the boots. That means that the straps probably have to be cinched up very tight, and that has a tendency t...

In GEAR » Vargo's new 2015 4oz 10point crampons
January 02, 10:21pm

Re: Tarp or bothy for solo ski tour?
I have a DIY 2-person bivy sack that might work, but it is heavy. I have a DIY cuben fiber ground sheet for my summer tarp shelter. If I was skiing a long tour without real sleep, I would take at l...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Tarp or bothy for solo ski tour?
January 02, 7:28pm

Re: Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
Doug, for your next trip to Europe, you should adopt a baby wolverine. Good luck trying to get it away from the wolverine mother. --B.G.--

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 02, 7:18pm

Re: Almost Over the Hill
Remember: It's not how old you are that counts. It's how old you think you are. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 02, 9:58am

Re: Old Guys Backpacking
In recent years, I have tried to reduce my overall pack weight by one pound for every year that I continue backpacking. My base weight is already around ten pounds, but I can reduce the weight of c...

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 02, 2:34am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.