BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 11448 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: SEAN NICE TO MEET YOU AT MTR
" I am also thinking of hiking up Whitney every year, to see if I can match or surpass Hulda Crooks record of hiking up Whitney until she was about 91. I have been up about 19 times now and I ...

In Gear Lists » First Solo on JMT gear list
September 18, 8:59pm

Re: Try being helpful
"Why the xxx do you people have such xxx attitudes. Try helping the dude out." We can all help him out by suggesting that he forms an intelligent question. I'll bet that if anybody...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Tents.
September 18, 8:40pm

Re: I Love East Coasters
I love all coasters, if my drinks are lined up on them. --B.G.--

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Tents.
September 18, 8:37pm

Re: Flood versus spot Zebralight?
One thing might help users decide whether to get a flood beam or a spot beam. If you do any night photography and do not use a strobe, you can use a flood beam. The spot beam will tend to appear to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Flash Reviews (No. 1): ZPacks Challenger Raingear, JepPaks Custom Packs, Zebralight H52Fw Headlamp
September 18, 5:02pm

Re: Removing pine sap from down jacket?
Duane has it. For me, white gas is much more effective than alcohol. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Removing pine sap from down jacket?
September 18, 12:11pm

Re: Granola and Gluten-free
A close friend spends summers in Europe and claimed that there is very little or no gluten free food sold there, at least compared to the U.S. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gluten free granola
September 17, 11:02am

Re: Re: Trout question from a noobie
If I bought a trout from a local store, it would probably be farm-raised in China. --B.G.--

In Fishing » Tenkara vs Golden Trout
September 17, 10:57am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trout question from a noobie
Maybe I should have suggested this. I thought that it would have been better to cut off the head and tail, which would have made it fit the pan better. The fish catcher thought that the skin would ...

In Fishing » Tenkara vs Golden Trout
September 16, 7:25pm

Re: Ice Axe Question
The other thing is that the pick is supposed to be moderately sharp on any ice axe, regardless of length. It is supposed to be sharp enough that you can push your thumb against it, and it will hurt...

In GEAR » Ice Axe Question
September 16, 7:19pm

Re: GF in Europe
Words to live by: Never underestimate Madison Avenue, even if it is in Europe. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gluten free granola
September 16, 7:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.