Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 12256 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Beter than a cat stove?
"I have tried a few Cat Can Stoves and they are a little fragile and not very efficient. Putting a stove on top of it isn't that stable either." Why would you put a stove on top o...

In GEAR » Beeter than a cat stove?
February 09, 10:18pm

Re: Re: BAY AREA - Bearikade Questions
There are some real "foodies" out there that can't even get their food packed into 200 cubic inches per day. I never attempt to store all of my food inside the bear canister except...

In GEAR » BAY AREA - Anyone have a Bearikade I can take a look at?
February 09, 8:50pm

Re: Various Sizes
"That or if someone could tell me how to insert a spreadsheet I'll post it." With many spreadsheet programs, you can save the sheet as a JPEG image file, then insert that into your...

February 09, 8:28pm

Re: BAY AREA - Bearikade Questions
You can get a first approximation of how much space you need by using a cardboard box. Take 100 cubic inches as a starting point, so make a cardboard box of 10x10x1 inches, which is 100. See if you...

February 09, 7:34pm

Re: Camp breakfast
"How about a banana? bury the peel." Roger, this violates LNT principles. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Winter Breakfast (without cooking)
February 09, 10:53am

Re: Scrambling Boot recommendation needed
Simple. Ask the instructor or the class organization. If they are putting out general requirements that are not clear, then ask for a specific recommendation. --B.G.--

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Scrambling Boot recommendation needed
February 09, 12:39am

Re: Re: Gasoline and a cat stove
"I think you have been incredibly lucky." Wait a second. Check first to see if Brett still has his eyebrows. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Beeter than a cat stove?
February 08, 9:31pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there
"I imagine it would be a very trivial patch the forums codebase to have rm link to my profile." There have been many seemingly trivial fixes over the years, and they proved to be admin...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
"Thank you Bob." Once a Silicon Valley geek, always a Silicon Valley geek. --B.G.--

February 08, 9:23pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
Ken, there are some ASCII characters that the computer sees, but they won't display or print. --B.G.--

February 08, 8:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.