Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: re
No, do you? --B.G.--

In GEAR » gray things on gravityworks filter
May 14, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS
"So, not being able to navigate to a waypoint within better than 30 feet was a surprise. The fact such a glaring problem in the software was present told me the vendor did not care all that mu...

In GEAR » GPS
May 14, 7:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS
"Now that's funny!" What is funny about it? I've done hundreds of GPS receivers that way. You do need to use good coax. --B.G.--

In GEAR » GPS
May 14, 2:18pm

Re: Re: Bearspray not allowed
An old anecdote: I had led a group backpacking trip in Yosemite to Young Lakes. On the layover day, one guy decided to stay back in camp. When the afternoon weather got warm, he slid into his te...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 14, 1:35pm

Re: Re: GPS
"When I first got GaiaGPS, I tested it around my house trying to set up a waypoint and then navigate to it. The most basic task a GPS can do. Within 10 minutes I discovered that the applicatio...

In GEAR » GPS
May 14, 1:23pm

Re: gray things on gravityworks filter
As Miles stated, they are bumpers to protect the filter from being smashed so easily. Also, they prevent the hoses from being pinched so tightly. I discarded them. --B.G.--

In GEAR » gray things on gravityworks filter
May 14, 12:37am

Re: "Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route"
"You're just under the Minaret spires and Banner peak (or is it Ritter?)." Yes, Banner Peak is slightly closer to the highway and Mount Ritter sits behind it and slightly higher. B...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route
May 14, 12:34am

Re: Bearspray not allowed
"Okay, bear spray gets mixed opinions, fair enough. But in certain NPs (I only checked Yosemite and SEKI), possession & use of bear spray is prohibited. Why is that the case?" As ...

May 14, 12:30am

Re: Do you ever use a hip belt?
I would never use a backpack weighing more than 15 pounds without a hip belt. Plus, I feel uncomfortable if there is no sternum strap. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Do you ever use a hip belt?
May 13, 2:17pm

Re: Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
"So, for the solo hiker, bear spray is a blessing." It is not a bad idea. However, I never carry my bear spray when I am in black bear country (e.g. Yosemite). I do carry it when I am ...

May 13, 2:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.