BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 11456 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1146

Forum » Thread

Re: carbon fiber tarp pole breakage.
The only carbon fiber pole that I ever broke had been tightly packed in a duffle checked in an airliner. Those gorilla baggage handlers can break about anything. --B.G.--

In GEAR » carbon fiber tarp pole breakage.
September 20, 8:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a couple more options
"Which would you go for?" Roger, you like to pick them off the top shelf. I have an interest in Lattice, so I am biased. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 20, 1:15am

Re: Re: Re: cuben ground cloth
"Bob, you wear boots!??!" Yes, some low-cut Vasque ones. Nothing unusual about that. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Cuben Ground = Sieve
September 19, 8:47pm

Re: cuben ground cloth
Yes, I find that durability boundary to be 0.75 to 1.0 ounces in cuben fiber. 1.0 material seems plenty durable enough. However, when I am setting up a camp, I often rake the bare ground a littl...

In GEAR » Cuben Ground = Sieve
September 19, 7:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a couple more options
Roger, they don't even have to use a microprocessor (overkill). Instead, they use programmable logic device such as FPGA. Some of those are selected because of extremely low standby battery pow...

September 19, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a couple more options
A lithium primary battery typically has a little more open circuit voltage. That is enough to increase the LED brightness substantially, and that easily causes overheating if the LED was not select...

September 19, 1:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a couple more options
" 900+ lumen " Geez, Eric, are you trying to be visible from space? --B.G.--

September 19, 12:52pm

Re: Ultralight Tenkara Net
What is the fish weight rating? --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » Ultralight Tenkara Net
September 19, 12:21am

Re: SEAN NICE TO MEET YOU AT MTR
" I am also thinking of hiking up Whitney every year, to see if I can match or surpass Hulda Crooks record of hiking up Whitney until she was about 91. I have been up about 19 times now and I ...

In Gear Lists » First Solo on JMT gear list
September 18, 8:59pm

Re: Try being helpful
"Why the xxx do you people have such xxx attitudes. Try helping the dude out." We can all help him out by suggesting that he forms an intelligent question. I'll bet that if anybody...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Tents.
September 18, 8:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.