BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 161 - 170 of 11081 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: How light is light?
Hey, Sonny Boy. You might as well get with the program now and visualize a 10-pound base weight. That way, you can keep going when you get really really old. Are you looking for a special dispensat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How light is light?
July 09, 1:15am

Re: Probably damaged packaging
I think that Polar Pure went out of business. Bob Wallace just couldn't get along with the DEA guys. They kept thinking that his iodine must be falling into the hands of the illegal drug labs. ...

In GEAR » Corrosive effects of chlorine dioxide tablets
July 08, 11:34pm

Re: GPS elevations mediocre
What Rex stated is very true. The inReach SE GPS function is not a super performer, and that shows up in altitude readings. It will normally be in the ballpark, but not exactly spot-on. GPS receive...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mapper: A new planning tool for hikes in the Sierra Nevada
July 08, 10:26pm

tripod weight
It will help to find a good tripod if you first know the weight of your camera with lens. Plus, I would exaggerate that weight a bit, just to provide a safety factor. I'm currently keeping m...

In GEAR » It just works! Ultralight Tripod Case
July 08, 10:18pm

This one looks ugly!
Well, I found another digital alarm clock that weighs 1.2 ounces. It has a hinged plastic cover to minimize breakage to the display, and I could probably cut that off to save 0.2 ounces or so. T...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 08, 5:19pm

Re: Re: custom Lite Trail cook Kit
"The ridge also had to be the right shape. If the bottom face of the ridge has too shallow of an angle, it can wedge itself into the top of the cone and work its way through." If the r...

In GEAR » custom Lite Trail cook Kit
July 08, 1:58pm

Re: Best size UL caldera cone for solo?
How many people is this for? Just one? Many solo backpackers keep their pot size around 600ml or 750ml. A few let it go up to 1L or slightly larger. Very few shrink it down to 500ml or less. ...

In GEAR » Best size UL caldera cone for solo?
July 08, 12:44am

Re: This may work
Jon, isn't this exactly the same one that was suggested two weeks ago in this very thread? Two ounces is on the heavy side. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 07, 10:32pm

Re: Corrosive effects of chlorine dioxide tablets
Now we have to figure out a way to harness that reaction to aid all mankind. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Corrosive effects of chlorine dioxide tablets
July 07, 8:46pm

Re: silk liner
Those silk liners appear to be very heavy. As Roger said, Thai Silks is the place to purchase silk fabric. As far as sewing projects go, you can't find anything simpler than a sleeping liner...

In GEAR » silk liner
July 07, 6:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.